• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I don't think I can justify YES???

80h4thephaze,

I closed both the front and rear holes in the tunnel. This eliminates almost all the ice. You will still get some on the back of the tunnel where the hot exhaust fumes turn the snow to ice, but nothing to speak of on the running boards. I have not had an overtemp light since closing the holes.

yam177,

The YES is supposedly transferable for a small fee or you can get a prorated refund if you sell or wreck the sled. This is what I have read on this site. I thought about buying the YES for the resale reason also, but I figure by the time I am done with the Phazer my two boys will want it. They are 9 and 10 and have riden the Phazer a little. Their sled at the moment is an Enticer 300, but have also been riding the V-Max 500's a little. They like the Phazer the best. Go figure:)

Any other opinions on this? I was also looking at getting the extended warrenty.

Thanks

Never heard of YES. Now it's too late. But I'm on side of I do good maintenance and believe Yamaha does a good product especially in reliablity. That's why I bought the phazer. If I run into problems with the Phazer I will see how it works out. If I have a bad experience then it will send me towards skidoo. However if the MXZ gives me trouble it will send me towards to Yami. I'm on the fence. Like both machines for different reasons.

If Yamaha offered me the deal now I would consider it and it's a 50/50 decision.

Is there a way to get the warrenty cheaper because i just got my warrenty info in the mail and its $877 for 4 yrs, $768 for 3 yrs, and $638 for 2 yrs. i mean i could see $400 for 4 yrs but all the others are pricy. Can i get the warrenty through another dealer?

I bought mine on EBAY!! Was real cheap. Bought 3 years for 300.00. Try typing YES Warranty in the Ebay search and see if something comes up. And those of you who still have a warranty. Make sure everthing is up too snuff before it expires. (ball joints, handwarmer, a-arm slop, steering slop, etc.) My two cents.

first time this thing has to go in shop will pay for your Y.E.S.. If you have a good local dealer the yes is like putting money in the bank. If you plan on keeping it, get it. You may think you cant afford it but the alternative is brutal. Other wise your rollin the dice. If its machanical it can break. I never got it because of where I live, 370th day I owned it fried grounding block and voltage rectifier, did my own work 300.00 Second year track lugs on mnt lite split and snapped off 700.00 couplerblock and spocked boggie wheels 350.00. I could go on. Im not doggin yami I love this sled but things break and cost money. 800.00 to have all the parts and someone do it for you, PRICELESS!

Tbyrd said:
first time this thing has to go in shop will pay for your Y.E.S.. If you have a good local dealer the yes is like putting money in the bank. If you plan on keeping it, get it. You may think you cant afford it but the alternative is brutal. Other wise your rollin the dice. If its machanical it can break. I never got it because of where I live, 370th day I owned it fried grounding block and voltage rectifier, did my own work 300.00 Second year track lugs on mnt lite split and snapped off 700.00 couplerblock and spocked boggie wheels 350.00. I could go on. Im not doggin yami I love this sled but things break and cost money. 800.00 to have all the parts and someone do it for you, PRICELESS!

I was under the impression that items such as track and idler wheels are considered consumable parts and are not covered under warranty unless the problem was due to manufacture defect, otherwise its just wear and tear...

Can someone verify this?

yea i tried to get idler wheels covered. they dont cover them because they dont cover bearings. and the a-arm bushings arent covered after the first year. im not sure about the ball joints yet if there not covered after the first year also im gonna be very pissed. i have YES untill 2013

fraolib said:
yea i tried to get idler wheels covered. they dont cover them because they dont cover bearings. and the a-arm bushings arent covered after the first year. im not sure about the ball joints yet if there not covered after the first year also im gonna be very pissed. i have YES untill 2013

I had my sled two years with 3000 miles and they did the ball joints. They were going to do the a-arms but I elected to put in Ulmer bushing kit instead of the cheap plastic ones that the manufactures install these days.

Im a Chrysler service advisor and just in general the extended warranties (from manufacturer NOT most aftermarket) will usually pay for themselves. One on a car can be $1500- $3000 and they pay off over time period and lotsa times HUGE!!! Just like insurance guys,hopefully you dont need it but sure a good thing when you do.
Ive always kept insurance (not warranty) on my race quads and when ine got ripped off last year sure was worth the $487.00 a year I paid. I would have been F-ED!! if not.
Money is money but damn Yamaha parts are not cheap and even worse when someone else is replacing them. Im not well off by any means but $400 bucks Ive put into mine in just the last few weeks. BUY IT! I bought mine out of warranty and am selling it because I CANT get YES. One big failure away from no more riding.

i already said it, mine is under warranty till april10, so far they won't redo my ball joints because they already fixed them once using the same bad parts,

i am mainly waiting for the motor to grenade.

i got mine at portcity on ebay cheapest place around imo

Back