• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I got a line on a new '05 RX1.............

Mark, I don't know if you'd be interested or not but Leighton's Yamaha in Lee NH has a new 04 RX-1 still in the box that they'd love to be rid of. I don't know much about it but I do know it has reverse.

I haven't heard of any problem with the 06 mono other than the idler wheels.It looks like a stronger skid and it has grease jerks.

I personally know of two guys with small cracks that formed in their 06 mono pivot arms (both front and rear arms) in 5000 kms (3000 miles).

Without a close inspection (driving them to reinforce them) these cracks probably wouldn't have grown into problems for at least another 1000 kms (likely 2000+ kms).

These guys don't jump or abuse their sleds, just like to ride fairly fast, corner fast and keep the speed up over small stutter bumps. Neither of them have a history of breaking their previous skids (these are both first year Yamaha riders, one came from Doo, the other from Poo).

My 06 pivot arms have also cracked and been reinforced.

Vector or RX-1

I don't know about that 25% better mileage. I took a 4 day 1000 mile trip with my RX-1 , my buddy has a Vector. We were both running about the same. I ALWAYS USED LESS GAS WHEN WE FILLED UP!!!!!!! It was only a couple tenths or so but it was ALWAYS less.. Plus I blew him away all the time from about 60 plus. RX-1 for sure

grats on the new ride :Rockon:

cobalt650 said:
So which one did you get??

I got this one...............

Attachments

• DSCF0772.JPG
    DSCF0772.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 150
Rx-1 or Vector

Get the RX-1, It has much better power and I always got better mileage than my buddies 05 Vector. Not by much, but at least 1-2 tenths every fill up
GOOD CHOICE!!!!!!

nice sled.

lol, its the same colour as my warrior so of course i love it!

i only wish mine had come withe the black panels like yours did. picks of mine are on the 2 stroke side under the title "maims new toy". gonna get her all blacked up with a black windsheild, black headlight covers and side pannels for next season. my brother is already callin me "Darth Warrior" cause my sleddin outfit is all black.

Nice sled ,, Mans its a buyers market out there, Maybe we will get snow next year, The locals only got on about 100 miles this year, I did a llot more but I was on the 4 lane ever storm up north, that gets old . well good luck with the new sled

maim said:
nice sled.

lol, its the same colour as my warrior so of course i love it!

i only wish mine had come withe the black panels like yours did.

Mine did come with the gray lower panels & I simply replaced them with black ones. I think that this color combination gives it a stealth fighter look. It only took about 2 hours for the swapout & gave my son & I something to do on a Sunday afternoon together. ;)!

If anyone's interested in the gray panels, drop me a p/m.

Back