• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I hate how all guys complain about yammy's being heavy..look

Apex18

Expert
I hate how all guys complain about yammy's being heavy. I'm a doo guy right now but soon to be an apex guy next year i'm hoping. But some guys on dootalk are still complaing about the weight of the 4-stroke's which is not really enven noticible. And some guys still must not understand the HUGE advantages of a 4-stroke. I hope to join the yammy team next year. :Rockon:

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php ... 27997&st=0

NOT complaining !! Got power/ride/look/fuel/power to back up weight. COME ON OVER !! U WILL LOVE IT !! :4STroke:

I have gone on rides with guys that won't leave the weight issue alone. I have an 03 rx and an 07 rtx. I was riding my 03 with a group and one of the guys had an 04 firecat which is not much over 400 lbs and he was the worst guy about it so we lined up in about 10" of powder and raced, my rx ton as he called it beat him by about 3 sled lenghts and with the .9 finger track it came with so I said now that I beat you spinning the whole way can we do it on hard pack. He accepted and I left him like he blew up. I then stopped and waited for him when we took our helmets off I said now how would you feel if I was 200 lbs lighter and the same weight. He then asked to take it for a ride and now speaks differently about them and weight is never brought up. To tell you the truth it suprised the hell out of me how bad I beat him, thought he would take me in the powder by a bit and I would take him in the hard pack but worked out better for me. Love my Yammis. :-o

I'm mostly a Doo guy, but definitely a brand jumper with an open mind, and I just got an Attak. Have ridden it a few times now and generally love it right now, but not enough seat time yet for me to pass final judgement yet.

Haven't had it in enough snow to get it stuck yet. But I've lugged it around the garage, tipped it on it's side, lifted front & rear etc enough to tell you this:

Compared to any other sled I've owned, this one is a big fat pig.

I fully agree that the weight hasn't been noticable when riding. But I'm sure the weight will be quite noticable when I'm digging it out of the deep.

If you never get stuck, the extra weight is a non-issue. But if you REALLY ride and like go off trail? I don't know yet. I'll let everyone know in another month or two whether I'll actually be keeping this tank or maybe going back to a 2 stroker for next year...

Looking at these charts, the fully gassed up Switchback 600 CFI has a longer track and comes in nearly 100 lbs lighter. That greater flotation should prevent it from getting stuck, and the lighter weight should help it get out easier than my Attak. And I personally don't need electric start, and I don't need the 150 hp...125 will do me. So I will be VERY interested in finding out how this new Poo CFI motor runs and how the sled handles, and luckily for me my brother just bought one so I'll be getting some good seat time in when we trade off this winter (IF it snows some more!)

The 4 stroke benefits are going to have to be awful strong (and they definitely are so far) for me to be willing to deal with inevitable hernia surgery...I am still very open minded though and I sincerely hope this Attak does everything I want it to do. So far so good, but it's not fully tested yet...and I'm lifting weights in preparation for this season like I never have before.

After almost 3000 miles last year with my 06 Attak my opinion is that this thing is heavy. Period.

But, as I have stated before, for the type of trail riding I do (200 to 300 miles per day) this thing rocks. If I were to ride off trail or in and out of ditches I would get rid of it. It gets stuck easier and is a pain in the &^% to get out.

Take them for what they are. Not perfect for everyone like any other sled.

craze1cars said:
I'm mostly a Doo guy, but definitely a brand jumper with an open mind, and I just got an Attak. Have ridden it a few times now and generally love it right now, but not enough seat time yet for me to pass final judgement yet.

Haven't had it in enough snow to get it stuck yet. But I've lugged it around the garage, tipped it on it's side, lifted front & rear etc enough to tell you this:

Compared to any other sled I've owned, this one is a big fat pig.

I fully agree that the weight hasn't been noticable when riding. But I'm sure the weight will be quite noticable when I'm digging it out of the deep.

If you never get stuck, the extra weight is a non-issue. But if you REALLY ride and like go off trail? I don't know yet. I'll let everyone know in another month or two whether I'll actually be keeping this tank or maybe going back to a 2 stroker for next year...

Looking at these charts, the fully gassed up Switchback 600 CFI has a longer track and comes in nearly 100 lbs lighter. That greater flotation should prevent it from getting stuck, and the lighter weight should help it get out easier than my Attak. And I personally don't need electric start, and I don't need the 150 hp...125 will do me. So I will be VERY interested in finding out how this new Poo CFI motor runs and how the sled handles, and luckily for me my brother just bought one so I'll be getting some good seat time in when we trade off this winter (IF it snows some more!)

The 4 stroke benefits are going to have to be awful strong (and they definitely are so far) for me to be willing to deal with inevitable hernia surgery...I am still very open minded though and I sincerely hope this Attak does everything I want it to do. So far so good, but it's not fully tested yet...and I'm lifting weights in preparation for this season like I never have before.
If you want to talk heavy, there was about 12 of us on a ride and one of our buddies brand new 1000 mxz melted down at 450 kms and we had to lift that machine onto a low car hauler and three of us could just get it up. I can lift the front of my rx and rtx 2 feet off the ground my self. I think to be far we should compare same size sleds(1000 to a 1000). Maybe compare a phazer to a 600 or 500 and that is probably closer I would think.

Re: I hate how all guys complain about yammy's being heavy..

Apex18 said:
I hate how all guys complain about yammy's being heavy.

They are heavy :drink: Heavy and fast :Rockon: I've had my Attak stuck many times. Getting out has never been a one man operation. You'll need more than intense weight training craze1cars...You'll need some strong ridin buds ;)!

if you boys want to see true weight take a look at maxium sled.com i think alot of ski-dont guys will be suprised

I've been stuck myself, but I have seen them all get stuck and need help. If someone is going to make comments like "big fat pig" just even it up to same size displacement sleds. I take great pride in running Yamaha and would have thought being on a Yamaha talk forum would see the same. Maybe it is too much sled for some, being 6' 235lbs I find it perfect. There are smalling and lighter models. :yam:

bleedinblue said:
I've been stuck myself, but I have seen them all get stuck and need help. If someone is going to make comments like "big fat pig" just even it up to same size displacement sleds. I take great pride in running Yamaha and would have thought being on a Yamaha talk forum would see the same. Maybe it is too much sled for some, being 6' 235lbs I find it perfect. There are smalling and lighter models. :yam:
Easy does 'er bleed. I can lift my Attak as well, but I arm curled the back end of a crossfire 1000 at the dealer yesterday. It definitely felt lighter. Hey dude, it is what it is...Heavy, fast and fragile. :ORC Sounds like you and your Yamaha just came back from marriage counselling. :jump:

I second that...Anything that tends to breakdown up here is left at the stores...Lots of old doos that have engine problems, so no one bought those models. We are starting to get more 4S models up here even though they are heavier, but engine reliability is awesome...Still no issues with my old 03 RX-1ton...5th year coming...

RX-E

The people that always knock the yamaha's really need to come out of the box. If you take the electric start out of the yamaha, they weigh less than most of the polaris and arctic cats, but who in there right mind is going to pull over a four stroke motor. Also when you get a snowmobile stuck in deep snow, they are all extremely heavy.

bleedinblue said:
If you want to talk heavy...brand new 1000 mxz

OK...let's talk heavy:

Maximum Sled wet weight of Mach Z 1000: 596lbs
Maximum Sled wet weight of Attak: 666lbs
These sled are the same displacement by the way.

BUT, if we stretch the Mach into a Renegade and throw electric start into the mix the window closes to only 6 lbs. So I fully agree Yamaha has closed the window rather admirably while the others have gotten fatter as well.

Appears that my Attak's got that mighty Mach beat by 60 lbs...so we'd need to get that 4th guy to help load 'er in the truck in your scenario if mine had blown a piston. Luckily for you guys it was the lightweight Mach that melted down so you could load it up more easily. :tg:

The good news is that a meltdown is FAAAAR less likely to cause this need on the Yami.

I'm not knocking Yami, in fact I generally love my big fat pig. But I think I'll get a stuffed pig and strap it to my hood for the rest of the season, just to embrace it's "plumpness"! :jump:

They are ALL heavy when stuck and full of snow or worse slush. If you have a helper to yank on a ski, all that 4stroke power sure helps you get out in a hurry.

I also believe I get stuck less with my RX than others but that could be the way they ride.

Back