• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I ordered 192 Studs, opinion on patterns

ApexerER

Expert
I ordered 192 Top Dog Stainless studs 1.38 with round aluminum backers and would like opinion on patterns. I was planning on 4 in every row (of course) 2 inside and 2 outside. I am a very aggresive trail rider and also spend plenty of time playing with buddies on the lake. Going on a 06 Apex ER that I picked up used.

Thank you

I went with 168 in the center belt of my attak. I just used a V pattern that repeats every 6 pitches. I stayed away from the outside belts as I have torn a few out on other sleds in the past. The 168 on my attak works OK, but could use more if holeshots were needed. I only need good acceleration out of corners. Sounds like 192 on a shortie should have you hooking up great out of the hole.

Here's what I did a few years ago. Worked well. I just had to watch it in hardpacked corners. The sled would want to go into the other lane.

This is the only pic I have, but it is a "V" pattern. Both the inner belts and outter belts.

-1CS

Attachments

• t_im000643_106.jpg
    t_im000643_106.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 81

Back