• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Iain Haydens CSRA Nytro ( factory race sled )

shaddow44 said:
From the race I saw that open mod sled was very capable at competeing, it holeshots like a mofo and seems to be as good as the other sleds over the bumps..

Don't get me wrong..the sled does have the snoot...good driver...good dedicated crew...however IMHO I don't feel they found the true potentional of the sled.......

It has more than enough HP. It is not heavy.

At the factory level...they don't have the speed to make the LCQ!!!!

I can't help starring at the sled..its sooo nice...but when I see the tuners burn their hands on the clutch face..well..hmmmm...

They don't have anything to compare it too...its tough to beat Benders brains and his peers...

RJH said:
shaddow44 said:
From the race I saw that open mod sled was very capable at competeing, it holeshots like a mofo and seems to be as good as the other sleds over the bumps..

Don't get me wrong..the sled does have the snoot...good driver...good dedicated crew...however IMHO I don't feel they found the true potentional of the sled.......

It has more than enough HP. It is not heavy.

At the factory level...they don't have the speed to make the LCQ!!!!

I can't help starring at the sled..its sooo nice...but when I see the tuners burn their hands on the clutch face..well..hmmmm...

They don't have anything to compare it too...its tough to beat Benders brains and his peers...

Smartest thing Polaris ever did.....

Yamaha Canada was involved I believe...I guess also because the way they have .."YAMAHA" covering a good portion of the trailer might give one that impression...even if they have little to do with it..just guessing at that though

I found a picture on my Computer from the Front Frame. It's a big different between a stock Frame.

Attachments

• 100_2010.jpg
    100_2010.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 209
RedBull said:
I found a picture on my Computer from the Front Frame. It's a big different between a stock Frame.

Yeah is it ever different. It'd be nice if they came out with a model that was a warmed over race sled like doo did with the XRS or polaris did with the RR.

Alatalo said:
I am just curious why most people refer to this sled as a "factory" sled...?
From what I have been told, there is ZERO factory effort behind this sled.

It is year a old factory sled...with new updates and awesome new suspension...I would say it was one of the best handling sleds I saw at Craighurst...the year before..

An independant team ran the sled..but with same basic staff as the year before......

Is there any reason why the race team would not share their secrets? They are the only ones riding a nytro, are they not?

It would be cool to see some close up pics of the frame. That airbox is also different, it has a lot more volume then the stock one. It looks more like a motorcycle airbox.

I wonder what RPM they are spinning... what the front bulkhead looks like...

cawcislo said:
I think aftermarket companies should figure something out. I'm sure for $200 to $300 someone would come out with some beefy add ons to weld up to make the stock subframe SOLID. I'm sure many people would pull off their subframe and ship it off to get REWORKED and never have to worry about it again. The thing is, when Yamaha makes the sled it's made so that it's fun and that it breaks after a while. As long as people have "enough" fun on it then they can justify repairs and or buying a new model when the old one falls apart. The sled isn't made to be bullet proof, there's no money in that. We live in a disposable economy. Most things aren't fixed these days, you throw it out and buy new. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly, and this is why warranty is our friend, if you have a good dealer who can push it, because then the expense goes right back to factory, and with enough claims costing them money, they make the choice to improve the part that is failing in order to fix the bottom line (which the rider forces on them with the dealer through warranty claims)

revster said:
RedBull said:

Yeah is it ever different. It'd be nice if they came out with a model that was a warmed over race sled like doo did with the XRS or polaris did with the RR.

Now that would kick #*$&@, I'd buy one.

andrew69 said:
the reason i said it was polaris is because I noticed it at the sled show.Then I started talking to one of the race team guys and pointed out the rear skid. Then he told me that even the front end is based off the 600rr as well. The only stock piece on the sled is the plastic around the head light.He said the motor is some what stock other than the injectors and the rev limit is like 11500.

There was an article in the last American Snowmobiler mag....clutch engages at 5000, spins to 9400 and settles down to 9000 on a straight stretch

shaddow44 said:
andrew69 said:
the reason i said it was polaris is because I noticed it at the sled show.Then I started talking to one of the race team guys and pointed out the rear skid. Then he told me that even the front end is based off the 600rr as well. The only stock piece on the sled is the plastic around the head light.He said the motor is some what stock other than the injectors and the rev limit is like 11500.

There was an article in the last American Snowmobiler mag....clutch engages at 5000, spins to 9400 and settles down to 9000 on a straight stretch

Actually, I was told it spins closer to 10,000.

Back