• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Identify Nytro subframe by year?

Kurt J

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro
Can anyone detail how to identify what year a Fx Nytro subframe is from? I've read that there are at least 3 variations, but no guide to identify.

Thanks

Edit: Initially mentioned a-arms but meant to say the sub-frame.

The 08 Nytro I had did not have the support plates or gussets on welded between the arms on the sub-frame like the 09 and ups had. Some guys were adding after market gussets on their sub-frame or upgrade to the 09 part number. Those are the only two I am aware but will let others chime in and confirm.

Do you have a nytro? Feel free to text me pictures and i can identify for you

2008 had no bottom plate with the hole in it and had different geometry.
2009+ are all the same and have the plate with hole , a large plate at the rear, and some gussets.
Grizztrack kit is easy to spot.

I know my subframe is 09+, but have read on various forum threads that there was a second change made after 09 with no elaboration as to what that was. Is it hearsay, or fact? If so, what is different?

I know my subframe is 09+, but have read on various forum threads that there was a second change made after 09 with no elaboration as to what that was. Is it hearsay, or fact? If so, what is different?
I think its hearsay. I have ever only known of two frames.

There were 4 different subframes for the Nytro,

2008: no gussets
2009: two gussets added. (geometry change in '09..... although it has nothing to do with the frame)
2010: same as 2009 but supposedly stronger gusset material
2013: ???, I'm not sure if anyone really knows what the change was but there was a part number change which usually means a revision

Note: All the frames are interchangeable

There were 4 different subframes for the Nytro,

2008: no gussets
2009: two gussets added. (geometry change in '09..... although it has nothing to do with the frame)
2010: same as 2009 but supposedly stronger gusset material
2013: ???, I'm not sure if anyone really knows what the change was but there was a part number change which usually means a revision

Note: All the frames are interchangeable

My experience working with Yamaha is that the part number changes for any detail change to the part. If a different paint is used, the part number will change. I'm looking for real ways to identify the changes that aren't obvious between the 09+ frames. Wether it's a gusset shape, or measurable material thickness.

Back