• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idler wheel mount

birkebeiner

Lifetime Member
Country
Norway
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha SR Viper X-TX
Does anyone know if anyone make / sell an idler wheel mount (offset?), for a 5,25" / 133.35mm wheel.

I need to move a set of wheels further forward as I have e bend just in front of these wheels in the rails and the hyfax gets worn quite badly at that point.

And instead of adding a set of these small marginal snow kit wheels I want to move one of the idler wheels a bit forward.

It's on a Vector Mountain skid btw.

You can see the bend just in front of the last idler wheel
Nov10VectorMaintenance08.jpg

OFT_55wheels01.jpg

Anyone?? Any brand or make is fine as long as they fit on Yamaha rails...

Unfortunately, the problem at this area of the rail is that there is no material on the top part of the rail to properly attach a normal sized (130-135mm) wheel, which is the reason Yamaha only has the marginal snow wheel kits with small wheels. Someone did find an alternative but it is old Yamaha stock using old ugly aluminum wheels:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

As I suggested in that thread, you probably could use Doo wheel mounts with 135mm wheels but using only the lower bolt on the rail. Theoretically it should work.

Yep...Doo mounts, or Poo mounts.

I used Poo mounts on mine aft of that area, due to the fact that Poo parts are so plentiful and cheap around here.

You could always use longer bolts with a washer stack up as a spacer of sorts...just be careful how much leverage your exerting on the rails.

Mooseman said:
Unfortunately, the problem at this area of the rail is that there is no material on the top part of the rail to properly attach a normal sized (130-135mm) wheel ... ... Someone did find an alternative but it is old Yamaha stock using old ugly aluminum wheels:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Yeah, I know and that's why I was checking whether there are alternative solutions out there. If there was a bit more material at this point of the rail I could just use the stock mounting :o| :o|

Mooseman said:
For anybody who's interested, the kit part number is SMA-8CA95-00-00. Photo attached.

Just wondering... would it be possible to use Doo wheel mounts the same way as these mounts with 135mm wheels? If you look at these Yamaha mounts, it's basically the same concept.

The part # above, is it for the Doo mount or the Yamaha mount as pictured below? The below Yamaha mount should hopefully also work with OFT's 5.25" / 133.33 mm wheels..? :Rockon:

Attachments

• t_wheel_kit_516.jpg
    t_wheel_kit_516.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 212
Vincenthdfan said:

I used Poo mounts on mine aft of that area, due to the fact that Poo parts are so plentiful and cheap around here.

You could always use longer bolts with a washer stack up as a spacer of sorts...just be careful how much leverage your exerting on the rails.

Do you have a pic of the Poo mounts and your skid with these installed?? Any part # and price of the Poo mount and can I order these online? ;)!

Thanks!

Yes, that number is for those mounts and wheels. Only problem is that they are no longer available from Yamaha. Only place I've seen them is on eBay.

birkebeiner said:
Vincenthdfan said:

Do you have a pic of the Poo mounts and your skid with these installed?? Any part # and price of the Poo mount and can I order these online? ;)!

Thanks!
I used the wheel mounts off my old 96 Polaris XLT 600 sp and I mounted my wheels just ahead off the rear axle wheels I also know that here in ontario a assortment of skidoo mounts are available through Royal Distributing

hossZ28 said:
birkebeiner said:
Vincenthdfan said:

Thanks!
I used the wheel mounts off my old 96 Polaris XLT 600 sp and I mounted my wheels just ahead off the rear axle wheels I also know that here in ontario a assortment of skidoo mounts are available through Royal Distributing
Hoss, are you running a 121" or 136" skid?
I was/am thinking about adding another set just of the rear axle on my 121" skid but I wasn't sure if there was enough room or clearance to do this?
Pics of your's if it is a 121" would be appreciated, thanks ;)!

Check Port Yamaha. The have an extra wheel kit that includes Yami mounts and wheels.

Irv said:
hossZ28 said:
birkebeiner said:
Vincenthdfan said:

Thanks!
I was/am thinking about adding another set just of the rear axle on my 121" skid but I wasn't sure if there was enough room or clearance to do this?
Irv Its a 121 I will try and send pics but I have diffuculty downloading pics

hossZ28 said:
Irv said:
hossZ28 said:
birkebeiner said:
Vincenthdfan said:

Thanks!
Irv Its a 121 I will try and send pics but I have diffuculty downloading pics

Looking forward to them, hopefully you can get them loaded up?

Anyone else have pics?

Back