• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If Yamaha ceased production of sleds...What would you buy?

redrx1rkt

Expert
Website
www.snowdevils.net
...I would buy a pair of snowshoes.

Actually, I would probably go for a Confusion. That is if this year's model is better than last years. I would try and get their new four-stroke turbo. Is it available in the Fusion platform? :4STroke:

Since I can't stand two-stroke engines, the choices are limited. :?

Come to think of it, if I get out of snowmobiling, that means thousands of dollars saved every winter!! And I previously thought boating was expensive...yeah, right. :ORC

Attachments

• newrx1.jpg
    newrx1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 202

I'd buy used Yamahas....actually I still have the last three new Yammies I bought with a combined mileage of over 20,000. Last winter I put more miles on my 1997 151" Mountain Max than I did on my RX-1.

:yam:

If they quit, I'd buy something else. I'm a consumer, that's what I do.

Impala is right. At a recent magazine photo shoot Polaris blew up the engines on several FSTs (four stroke turbo). The reason: Polaris' engineers turned up the boost on these sleds to impress the magazine test riders. Needless to say, that magazine test riders werent all that impressed.
If Yamaha quit making sleds I would buy the last year of sled they made and keep a supply of parts around. I figure you could run a sled for at least 20 years by parting out junked/wrecked sleds.
That or I would just get out of the sport completely. Id probably get a crotchrocket if Yamaha stopped making sleds, most likely an R6.
Cap'n

Hey. Seriously. An M7 would fit in my truck. Pull your blue head out of your blue butt if you think that there's no other color machine that would be fun to ride.

Jeez.

Cat has too many problems with their sleds to be a serious option.
Doo hasnt figured out how to keep the SDIs together for more than 5000 miles.
Polaris hasnt made a good sled since 1997. They havent fixed the problems with their fuel injection on the 750 and 850 2-strokes yet. They added a low-speed injector but that will only improve fuel economy, it wont make the sled any faster than the '05 was. Their 4-strokes are basically the same engines that were used in the MSX watercraft. Considering that they couldnt keep the engines together in those, why should we believe it will be any different in the sleds???
Sorry, but Id rathar ride an old, beat-up Yammie than to ride a brand new anything else.
Cap'n

I'd rather ride something fun. Reliability and power is fun too. Actually it's a bonus. I'd ride whatever there was. I've been around a while and can remember the old days. There was never enough power or reliability so we just rode until they broke.

This post should have been:
What's your second choice?

I guess when I think about it the real reason my sled says Yamaha on the hood is because Boss, Expert, Fabcraft, V-Force, Holtzman, Mountain Performance, Hartman, Bender, White Lightning, Camoplast, Digitron, Rox, Fly, Simmons, Hauck, Wahl, and TotallYamaha won't all fit.

Back