• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

if you own a megafloat, please read this

RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 viper rtx
2006 apex rtx
this past weekend we were riding.
we decided to take an ungroomed club trail.
a few miles in i hit a washout at about 45-50 mph.
the front skipped over nicely but the rear skid fell right into it and slammed hard. i lost all the air in the shock.
We lifted up the rear and i saw that somehow i sheared the schrader valve right off the shock. with no replacement valve available i was forced to ride the sled 50+ miles home with the track rubbing the tunnel protectors. :o|
this is the first time the megafloat let me down. other than this incedent i love this shock. :Rockon:

Im suggesting if you own one of these shocks it might be worth your while to invest in a spare schrader valve. they are small, cheap and an easy part to keep in your bag. im pretty sure my problem was a major fluke but when stuff happens, its best to be prepared ;)!

thanks for the heads up, i will check my mom's as it does get put through the paces via me and my brother. IMO i'm guessing fluke, but who knows

After riding this weekend I ran into a few guys from the same hometown as me at the bar. 3 of them bought new apex's. they had their day cut short because one of them sheared off the air fill valve on the megafloat.

the part # i have from hygear is 65-03-002
im not sure if thats just hygears part# or a fox part#
cost was 15 bucks

07apexcan said:
My buddy's sled did the same last year

I thought mine was a fluke. Never even dreamed it could happen.
It was a miserable 60 mile ride on rough trails with no shock and the track dragging against the tunnel protectors. After seeing for myself this happen to a 2nd shock. I won't leave the house without a spare valve and tools to change it.
I have my megafloat revalved by hygear and I am loving it but if it lets me down again its going up for sale

This was the reason why I chose the standard over the SE. If the shock fails on my sled, I hope to at least be able to limp it home with the shock spring.

We changed the valve with one from the front foxes so the back didn't bottom limped back with one front shock and the mega float working

Back