• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

;)! Yea I here ya, it’s been several wasted trips because of breakdowns for me in the past, really pisses a guy off! Now that I’ve pretty much had the entire sled apart several times and applied all the different TY fixes for everything, reliability has improved significantly.

Good luck with your 850, keep us informed on how you like it.

;)!

Oh for sure, any loss of riding Time is so aggravating and such a let down for sure. Obviously we all try to avoid that like the plague...so wish Cat/Yamaha would address/fix some of the major reoccurring issues with these otherwise great sleds. ???

This is a really good place, and I’ll be popping in from time to time. I’ll let you guys know how it goes with the 850 this winter? Thanks so much for the well wish, really do appreciate it Clutchmaster.

I must be lucky.... 5000 boosted miles and zero breakdowns out on the trail. Was gonna grab a 2021 this spring, but just too damn much money for basically the same sled... fingers crossed that my luck continues....

I’ve probably seen you up there many times Preacher..and of course not known you. Ya it’s a great area, been going there for 26 yrs now, so it’s like a second home. Great folks there for sure! Can’t wait for 12/26 to get up and enjoy the snow. Hopefully I’ll run into you...I’ll be looking for the attributes your wife has labeled you with lol...
Right after Christmas that might work for me I may be seeing you up there brother

Sometimes you lose a weekend with a cold, then a major storm you can't ride in, then some rain, then an idiot cousin gets married and the next thing you know you're relying on the last 2 rides and BAAMMM your 2500 mile Winder chain case pops out of gear so you end up with 200 miles for the year.

Yamaha continues to lose faithful customers over these "non existent" issues.

Fortunately for me, i took advantage of the Wolf's vulnerable state of mind and he kindly took my check 2 hours after i called him.

I also now have a 2020 600 as a back up so i should get my 4 to 6000 miles this year.
I'm NOT comfortable with a Winder as my only sled

lol i just have to decide whitch one i will be riding. just have a little fleet of older yammys that have never let me down.

Right after Christmas that might work for me I may be seeing you up there brother

As long as there’s snow....I’ll be there. Couldn’t go last year at Xmas, not enough to really ride. It’s always a lil iffy at that point. But hoping for the best this year!?

I ride up in millinockett sometimes, the trails are awesome, Joe Mary trails are incredible too, its so cool to ride trails with a center divider. Maybe I just like Joe Mary trails because my wife is named Mary...so its cool. If I see any tricked out red sidewinders I'll give you guys a shout.
The millinockett club has great spirit..the breakfasts cant be beat...people are really nice. The town has taken some tough knocks with the mill shutting down..its great to help support the businesses that we snowmobilers bring..every bit helps keep the town alive...the trails are as well maintained as Rangeley...just a hike to get there lol Joe

Sometimes you lose a weekend with a cold, then a major storm you can't ride in, then some rain, then an idiot cousin gets married and the next thing you know you're relying on the last 2 rides and BAAMMM your 2500 mile Winder chain case pops out of gear so you end up with 200 miles for the year.

Yamaha continues to lose faithful customers over these "non existent" issues.

Fortunately for me, i took advantage of the Wolf's vulnerable state of mind and he kindly took my check 2 hours after i called him.

I also now have a 2020 600 as a back up so i should get my 4 to 6000 miles this year.
I'm NOT comfortable with a Winder as my only sled

Lmao Steve...too funny. You have the best of both worlds now.

I ride up in millinockett sometimes, the trails are awesome, Joe Mary trails are incredible too, its so cool to ride trails with a center divider. Maybe I just like Joe Mary trails because my wife is named Mary...so its cool. If I see any tricked out red sidewinders I'll give you guys a shout.
The millinockett club has great spirit..the breakfasts cant be beat...people are really nice. The town has taken some tough knocks with the mill shutting down..its great to help support the businesses that we snowmobilers bring..every bit helps keep the town alive...the trails are as well maintained as Rangeley...just a hike to get there lol Joe

Millinocket is great. Northern Aroostook is fabulous too. That’s a real haul, but it’s awesome! They don’t call it the crown of Maine for nothing. Give it a try sometime Joe. Or ride up on sled from Millinocket and stay overnight.

Millinocket is great. Northern Aroostook is fabulous too. That’s a real haul, but it’s awesome! They don’t call it the crown of Maine for nothing. Give it a try sometime Joe. Or ride up on sled from Millinocket and stay overnight.
my friend who has a place in millinockett has suggested just that...his son has a place in up there near Canada...I want to say Eagle Lake but I could be wrong. They both tell me I need to cut my teeth on that trip before I think of doing the Gaspe ..probably good advise.
Oh, already booked a place for Snodeo, the Rangeley Inn..hopefully the event happens. I know Snodeo is a #*$&@ show but its fun and the Misses loves the event, especially the chili cook off...the trails are horrible but the spirit in that town for the event is outstanding...all towns should be like Rangeley...we'd all be better off for it. Joe

my friend who has a place in millinockett has suggested just that...his son has a place in up there near Canada...I want to say Eagle Lake but I could be wrong. They both tell me I need to cut my teeth on that trip before I think of doing the Gaspe ..probably good advise.
Oh, already booked a place for Snodeo, the Rangeley Inn..hopefully the event happens. I know Snodeo is a #*$&@ show but its fun and the Misses loves the event, especially the chili cook off...the trails are horrible but the spirit in that town for the event is outstanding...all towns should be like Rangeley...we'd all be better off for it. Joe

Yup Eagle Lake is up there in that area. I stay about a half hour north of there in St Agatha and Sinclair. Maine has so many nice areas...can’t go wrong with most of them If they have good snow. Been to quite a few places in Maine, but never to Rangely, sounds good though.

Yup Eagle Lake is up there in that area. I stay about a half hour north of there in St Agatha and Sinclair. Maine has so many nice areas...can’t go wrong with most of them If they have good snow. Been to quite a few places in Maine, but never to Rangely, sounds good though.
yes, he's in Sinclair. I also do allot of riding in the Bethel / Newry area. These trail are allot different, more technical with smaller trails, hills and turns. We ride over to Errol NH through Grafton Notch, once through the notch the trails are much larger...very good riding, you should check it out sometime, its beautiful and shorter drive from Conn. if there's snow its in Newry. Got a friend who rents Yamaha sleds and does guided tours for newbie's,also does lodging too!! Newry Trails is the name of the business...shorter drive from Conn. if I had to choose between these 3 places it would be Millinockett...its my favorite. Joe

Last edited:
The problem with the Joe Mary & Millinocket trails is they DO NOT start grooming until AFTER new years no matter how much snow they have.
So it's really second week in January to start riding.
The County starts grooming as soon as the snow fly's.

The problem with the Joe Mary & Millinocket trails is they DO NOT start grooming until AFTER new years no matter how much snow they have.
So it's really second week in January to start riding.
The County starts grooming as soon as the snow fly's.

As it should be!!

Back