• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!

Welcome back Steve, love the 50th anniversary winder a lot. Mild revalve the suspension rides amazing and can take a serious beating. We ride whether creek bottoms have opened up or not so snowcross quality shocks come in handy lol. Seriously jealous of your new rides clutch setup. Our biggest problem with our winders is chewing up rollers when running big TD tunes really hard. Should start a thread to talk about better quality roller rumours that were floating around last spring.

I broke my last Sidewinders' rear suspension & tunnel so i'm not sure "can take a serious beating" applies.
The Primary Rollers should be an advantage with these clutches, but only time will tell.

OH YA..........i broke my Primary Clutch on my last Winder also
OH YA..........i also broke my front Swaybar on front suspension

Hopefully my chain case & brake bearing lasts the year so i can "update" those

OH YA..........i broke my whole chain case

I broke my last Sidewinders' rear suspension & tunnel so i'm not sure "can take a serious beating" applies.
The Primary Rollers should be an advantage with these clutches, but only time will tell.

OH YA..........i broke my Primary Clutch on my last Winder also
OH YA..........i also broke my front Swaybar on front suspension

Hopefully my chain case & brake bearing lasts the year so i can "update" those

OH YA..........i broke my whole chain case

Steve do you think you might be hard on stuff? LOL.

Years ago when my cousins were racing dirt track they had a buddy who broke ALL kinds of tools and they were claiming he could beak an ‘anvil’.
Your OH YA’s reminded me of that.

Last edited:
I did put 12,000 miles on it.
Could have been about 18,000 if it didn't break though.
I do ride hard, but i honestly don't think i rode that sled harder then my Apex.

But YA, i'm rough on stuff.
I've given 80 year old Aunts Black & Blues doing "the Bump" at weddings!

OMG My poor Winder...it’s had a posh life it’s first 3 years...now that Steve has it, it’s gonna be ridden (Extremely)hard, And put away Wet! No more pampering for that sled lmao!!

I'm going to polish it every day & baby it like a new found puppy

And as soon as it starts snowing, i'm gonna slap it's A$$ to let it know who's boss!

Women & Sleds......................Ride 'em Hard..................then trade them in for a newer model

OMG My poor Winder...it’s had a posh life it’s first 3 years...now that Steve has it, it’s gonna be ridden (Extremely)hard, And put away Wet! No more pampering for that sled lmao!!

It’s THE fastest production snowmobile, it’s made for the a purpose. Don’t be like all these elderly guys driving around in corvettes going under the speed limit......that’s a waste.
Use it for its intended purpose!

Stop the wining and hold it to the bar for more than 2 seconds, you might have some fun?

Back