• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

In the fog

Yamyguy

I have been reading some of the past threads on fogging. It seems to me that fogging is a relatively simple task. Is there any reason not to do it? It is my understanding that you just remove the air box and give a couple of shots of oil to each carb. Is this correct or is there more to it?

Fogging the engine on the RX1 is very easy and will do a lot to protect the engine during it long nap during the hot and moist months. Some argue that it will hurt the engine but that is simply untrue. Fogging is much better than pouring a teaspoon full of oil in the spark plug hole. Fogging will coat everything the fuel mixture touches. I fog my engines with a helper. The helper on the throttle to rev the engine up a bit and I fog it by holding two cans over the carbs, just makes the process easier and puts more fogging oil where you need it. I like to remove the carbs, drain them and clean the float bowls before any grime hardens to a varnish like coating. I spray the carbs with WD40 or fogging oil as I assemble them to keep them protected. Leave the old spark plugs in the engine so when you fire it up the old plugs burn off the fogging oil. After warming it up and getting the fogging oil is out of the engine I go ahead and put new plugs in for the season. Hope this helps!

Back