• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

injector frequency

Do you want to know impedance or if they are peak and hold? Not sure of your question.. I was working on a standalone system for these sleds so I have spent an extensive amount of time with the electronics. We even developed out own injector kit but I am not sure of the question you are asking.

Cheers Cam

Whats the formula for finding frequency at idle using rpm? I think it's RPM X no. of cylinders divided by 2 = divided by 30 = divided no. of cylinders = frequeny (HZ). Does this sound right? frequency/ pulse per sec. it's a little confusing but you might understand it.

FLYBYU,
R u looking for Injector BPW (Base Pulse Width), or the duty cycle info?

i guess it would be the base pulse width. I'm using the injector as i tach signal for a project i'm working on, and the manufacturer wants the frequency range or as you called it BPW at idle and 3000 rpm. I got that formula from the bosch website and just wondering if that sounded right.

FLYBYU said:
i guess it would be the base pulse width. I'm using the injector as i tach signal for a project i'm working on, and the manufacturer wants the frequency range or as you called it BPW at idle and 3000 rpm. I got that formula from the bosch website and just wondering if that sounded right.

I do not know if this is correct or not but you should not have to factor in the # of cylinders

Rpm / 2 / 60 = frequency

Think simple... the frequency of an injector is one per intake stroke, can't be anymore than that, so it is just like a spark plug and also will tell you RPM that way.
Not sure if all injectors are sequential or pulse together (mass firing).
What changes is the length of time it is pulsed... BPW in milliseconds. The longer it is open, the more fuel is passed.

Boyko said:
FLYBYU said:

I do not know if this is correct or not but you should not have to factor in the # of cylinders

Rpm / 2 / 60 = frequency

That is the same answer i'm coming up with at idle 1300 rpm which gives me an answer of 10.83

FLYBYU said:
Boyko said:
FLYBYU said:

Rpm / 2 / 60 = frequency

That is the same answer i'm coming up with at idle 1300 rpm which gives me an answer of 10.83

If you looking for a tach signal off the injector it is 1/2 your RPM.

I am not sure if I would go off the injector for accuracy why don't you go off one of the ignition coils. The out put is already inverted because the ignition controller is built into the ECU and you would be guaranteed a perfect signal. Or better yet go off the rising edge of the cam sensor or go off the falling edge of the crank trigger. That would be the easy also especially if they are going to use logic to devide a signalt.

I have used the injector signal for data logging rpm before, it works, with the plug on coil your primary voltage can be over 500 volts

So what ya working on FLYBYU

Any tach I ever installed had a flyback circuit in it. I would still log off a trigger like a cam or crank sensor way more accurate. When you get into the higher RPM your injector latency is going to cause some of the signals to get dropped. Plus you can not guarantee that at higher RPM you are going to see the rise and fall of an injector per revolution. FYI an injector operates in the same way as a coil and needs flyback circuitry as well to deal with the magnetic field collapsing.

Boyko said:
I have used the injector signal for data logging rpm before, it works, with the plug on coil your primary voltage can be over 500 volts

So what ya working on FLYBYU

Perfecting a tach shutdown. So if someone jumps on the sleds while it's remote started and hits a certain rpm it will shutdown. It's for the added security were putting into are remote start units besides the brake trigger and side cover trigger.

Thats a really good idea. Good luck with your quest. If you have any questions about trigger pattens and such please PM me I would be happy to pass on any info I have. For your knowledge I have been working on a proper standalone for the Apex as well. Its a hard game but trying to set a new standard of excellence myself.

Back