• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inquiry

Rony

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha sidewinder m-Tx 162
Hey , I’m new to this forum and also new to the mountain riding and I went the 4 stroke route with the sidewinder I have read a bunch of conversations on this forum already about stuff the guys been doing to this Kinda sled , on that is intriguing to me is the one on the oil vent line that has the check valve in that may cause issues out there . I’m looking to possibly go the route of the roll over kit but I wanted some experienced knowledge on the idea of just deleting that section in general and running a tube instead since keeping oil away from the intake and clutches belt etc sounds best to me . But the big question is is there a specific reason why this vent line is tied to were it is right in front of turbo or if this line gets canceled will there be issues down the road that I may not be thinking of ? Any help would be great thanks and a happy new year to all

You're going to want to keep some sort of rollover valve on the top of that oil tank. If you ever tip it on its side or roll it over in deep snow oil will run out like water.

I like many others I disconnected the vent line from the charge tubes to keep that warm oily air out of the intake. Then attach and routed a vent line from the roll over valve up and around to the foot well with a slit 8 inches up in case it freezes shut. I still have to worry about the factory rov freezing but my sled starts the day from a heated garage most days. And I've replaced the oil tank seal with a better one.
Also I feel a tether is a must, if you'er sled is ever tipped while running oil will pour out. On my 17 btx I bought a tether from country cat. Worked really well.

Hope this helps you a little.

Totally agree with having a Tether on these sleds or any sled , hard to believe that it's not a standard safety item included by manufacturers .

Back