• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

installing 1and half track

beaveman

I am putting a inch and half paddle under my 09 nytro .The directions say to take tunnel protectors out if you do that it looks like the track will hit the exhaust. So my question is do you take them off?

beaveman said:
I am putting a inch and half paddle under my 09 nytro .The directions say to take tunnel protectors out if you do that it looks like the track will hit the exhaust. So my question is do you take them off?

your fine taking them off; just did it on mine with the 1.75" backcountry track. Be carefull not to damage heat exchanger at front of tunnel, use a die grinder.

beaveman said:

your fine taking them off; just did it on mine with the 1.75" backcountry track. Be carefull not to damage heat exchanger at front of tunnel, use a die grinder.

My understanding is that you can run an 1.5" track with the protectors still installed - however when going to an 1.75" the protectors need to be removed.

I would assume it would also be determined by where the "cutouts" are located on the track lucks in order to offer up the necessary clearance.

However if you plan on studding the track I would be sure you do everything possible to keep the protectors installed in order to protect both the tunnel as well as the cooler.

Good luck ;)!

Back