• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing an (in-cab) heater in 700 Rhino

JD

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Venture TF-LE
So I am about to cut into my coolant lines to install my heater but I have some concerns.
I plan on installing a “Tâ€￾ off the 7/8’ hose just a foot or so from the thermostat housing, this one will feed my heater.
I will put a second “Tâ€￾ up line just before the hose connects to the steel pipe section, this is where the heater coolent will go back into the system and into the rad and so on. The concern I have is that the heater core has only a 5/8â€￾ inlet tube vs the 7/8â€￾ main line. If I just “Tâ€￾ off is coolent actually going to flow through the heater core or will it just “dead headâ€￾. The actual surface area of the 7/8â€￾ is double that of the 5/8â€￾.....My thought here is to put in a valve between the two “T’sâ€￾ to restrict the flow and encourage the coolant to go up the smaller line and throught the heater core. Now, having said that, if I were to close this valve to much, obviousle my motor would get hot!! But can it cause any other issues or would it be that same as a thermostat that is not opening??? Any thought appreciated...
Also, any one know the normal operating coolent temp on the 700 Rhino

Attachments

• Heater.jpg
    Heater.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 448

I think you have a good plan. The valve will definately force the coolant though the heater. I am not sure about Rhino temp but my cousin had a 660 Grizzly and he installed a temp gauge. It ran near 190*.

Back