• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

installing skis

schmidtty

Extreme
why do I have hard time putting my skis back on my mtx or is it just me or is there a trick gettting bolt lined up. tried puch get bolt through intil it has to thru otter saddle

why do I have hard time putting my skis back on my mtx or is it just me or is there a trick gettting bolt lined up. tried puch get bolt through intil it has to thru otter saddle

its you..lol, some of them can be a pane. Are they stock skis or aftermarket?

I was moving my skis to a new stance and found the rubbers hard to compress enough to get the bolts all the way through on stock skis. got the bolt through to the inside and then used a c-clamp to pull the ski up and compress the rubber enough to get the alinement. I found it challenging.

I was moving my skis to a new stance and found the rubbers hard to compress enough to get the bolts all the way through on stock skis. got the bolt through to the inside and then used a c-clamp to pull the ski up and compress the rubber enough to get the alinement. I found it challenging.

I jack the sled up and drop the full wait of the sled on the ski, and us a big Phillips screw driver to align them and then use the bolt from the opposite way to push out the screw driver.

I jack the sled up and drop the full wait of the sled on the ski, and us a big Phillips screw driver to align them and then use the bolt from the opposite way to push out the screw driver.

I tried with a pin punch like you used the phillips, the rubbers were hard as a rock as I'm working outside. warmed up the rubbers buy the wood stove and that helped some.

I tried with a pin punch like you used the phillips, the rubbers were hard as a rock as I'm working outside. warmed up the rubbers buy the wood stove and that helped some.

Ya, if they are froze or super cold, I would say you will have trouble.

got skis on today used phillips and big clamp to pull everything into place weight of sled helps let lift down. changed track 6000 miles riding 153 2.6 in north dakota plus mountains kind of torn up . been a good sled after it blew up and yamaha put new engine in at 123 miles too much boost . did find large bolt holding a arm half ways out and nut gone . did have a little kink on one of the upper arms so i installed after market front end that was laying in the corner for about 4 years. see how that works out . also changed upper gear had a little play

Back