• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Insurance costs on the big guns.

520.00 one hundred dollar deductible's one million liability. American Family Insurance. Enclosed trailer is covered as long as snowmobile is inside it or I'm using trailer for snowmobiling. For you guys that are insuring on your home owners property insurance. Just realize if you have a claim it will go against your homeowners and your rates will go up and the ability to shop your insurance other places will be affected to. Most insurance company wont write insurance if you have had a homeowners claim of 1,000 or more within the last three years. You can also lose home and auto discounts because you have a claim also. Just alittle advice from an insurance agent.

I'm in ME, went w/Progressive, $320 for $100K/$300K liability only, would have been an add'l. $680 for collision & theft, opted to go only w/liability.

I have 2 2005 vehicles, 2 trailers, and the GT is my third sled insured with State Farm. I paid $225 for full coverage of the GT with a $500 deductible. By comparison the SX is $140. My homeowners is elsewhere SF cancelled that.

253.00 full conerage on 03 RX1, 02 Viper, and covered trailer. 200 deduct.
Liberty Mutual

My BIL IS getting screwed on his insurance for his 01 Doo GSX7 because he lives in Baltimore City. They zone by zip Code which is funny since he will almost never ride in his home zip code (its been done).

leaddog said:
Apex GT, full coverage, $200 deductable. $76.00 six months. $9.00 for the 6 month off season. USAA. This is a special rate for government/military employees which my wife is eligible for. I also have a lot of toys insuured with them. ;)!
I too am with USAA and pay about the same, don't remember exactly how much but do know it was under $100.00 for the year ;)!
This however may be short lived. USAA is spinning off thier specialty insurance (that's what they call classic cars/truck, motorcycles, everything except current auto and home owners Ins.) to other companies. They recently stopped insuring Motorcycles and sent the business to Progressive. Not nearly as good of rates as when USAA handled it. They told me Snowmobiles were most likely next. Not for sure but most likely :o|

Umbrella Policy

This type of policy covers you for " just about anything else that someone can sue you for". Most of the time it's like a 1 million dollar policy and it cost very little to have. If you own a home most likely you have an umbrella policy

Re: Umbrella Policy

JERSEYJOE said:
This type of policy covers you for " just about anything else that someone can sue you for". Most of the time it's like a 1 million dollar policy and it cost very little to have. If you own a home most likely you have an umbrella policy

It is a policy that kicks in AFTER your Home, Auto, ect is exhausted. Lets say you get sued for 2.5 mil (or what ever) and you only have 500k or 1 mil coverage, thats where a umbrella kicks in. Or in our case if you have a sled crash and someone is killed or crippleled, NEED the policy. The best couple hundred dollars you can spend IMHO.

They are normally NOT included in a home owners policy. They are an additional policy. USAA does not offer them. Hence the switch of providers for us.

Back