• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

is it worth the extra $ to go for the "SE"

Defenetly!!
And if you vant to do any offtrail riding with it the tunnel on theSE would be 100 times better than the RTX.

Go for the SE man, that's a LOT of upgrades and exclusivity for only $500 !!! Or think of it this way, better and quicker resale....

NB-NYTRO said:
is the SE going to be too stiff for the avg rider? hows the tunnel any different?

Actually, the SE will have even better suspension adjustability than the RTX due to it having the upgraded shock package, so it should ride as good if not better than the RTX. As for the tunnel, the SE model has a higher cut side profile than the RTX, should make for better deep powder riding, allowing more clearance with less drag, although I don't have any issues with my RTX except for the excess snow build-up on pow days....

flyinwrenchz said:
I have an opportunity to buy a 09 RTX SE for five hundred more than an RTX. Help me out do you think its worth the extra money?

Actually, after checking into it, the SE's MSRP is only $400 more than the RTX, so NO, the SE should NOT cost $500 more.

Regardless, I would still opt for the SE. You technically can't order one anymore.

Upgraded shocks should give you better flexibility with how soft or hard it rides, and hopefully durability will be better too.

The suspension arms and rails are also beefed up, again, better durability.

Grimm said:
Regardless, I would still opt for the SE. You technically can't order one anymore.

Upgraded shocks should give you better flexibility with how soft or hard it rides, and hopefully durability will be better too.

The suspension arms and rails are also beefed up, again, better durability.

True, the SE is supposed to be a spring order sled only, but if it's suddenly available this time of year, then that means it's up to you if you think it's worth the extra dough and then some for the greedy dealer. Personally, I would try and reason with the dealer over the extra cost, but I wouldn't pay a cent over the $400 diff in the MSRP between the two.

My 0.5c

se

I would go for the SE. I realize that it only MSRP's for 400 more - but you need to take into account that this was a spring order only sled. When Yamaha know exactly how many sleds they need to produce, they can afford to but a lower price tag on it. The upgrades are definately worth the 500.

Over here in Sweden the SE is not a spring order sled.
Available all year, or untill they run out of them.

Back