• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Its Here

Looks fun! I wish I had more to do but now I'm just waiting for snow.

Mods are done. Now if the weather will just change could start riding it!
P1080606Edit.jpg

Got 40 miles on last week. Had to go to 10k ft to find snow. Limited conditions for speed but I like so far!

Got another hundred miles on over Turkey days. Was riding with my brother and we had up to 10 inches new to push on a jeep road. So I saw my first real speed on it up about 80mph or so. Needless to say the stock intercoolers were plugged with snow. I have the Hurricane intercooler that replaces the stock airbox. My intake temps were up to 40degrees cooler. So I can say it works as advertised. My brothers LX longer track and higher lugs had more traction but I think ounce we get on a fresh groomed trail I am going to like the handling. My sled threw a SD 85 code and I cleaned the connection to no effect. At the end of the next day it went away on it own. I hope it was a one time deal! Pulled the stock skies and put bigger ones on the second day. Huge difference.
P1080613Edit.jpg

Got another hundred miles on over Turkey days. Was riding with my brother and we had up to 10 inches new to push on a jeep road. So I saw my first real speed on it up about 80mph or so. Needless to say the stock intercoolers were plugged with snow. I have the Hurricane intercooler that replaces the stock airbox. My intake temps were up to 40degrees cooler. So I can say it works as advertised. My brothers LX longer track and higher lugs had more traction but I think ounce we get on a fresh groomed trail I am going to like the handling. My sled threw a SD 85 code and I cleaned the connection to no effect. At the end of the next day it went away on it own. I hope it was a one time deal! Pulled the stock skies and put bigger ones on the second day. Huge difference.View attachment 150936
Forget to add we put my nephew on both turbo sleds and he said for the first time he felt no need for more power!

Alright went for my first real ride today with my brother and his 17 146track winder. We had a long enough and smooth enough will lit trail for sustained full throttle pulls. We both have the Hurricane 270 tunes but he has no intake mods and 2.5 inch exhaust and is geared lower. We had both assumed he would pull me because of the traction of his track. It turns out not to be the case! They are pretty much equal on most the pulls up to about 100mph. I know from following him riding my SRX that mine is digging a trench past 80 mph! How ever they could not be more different in how they ride and handle! His has lots of weight transfer under throttle and roll around a corner. Over all it just feels a lot softer. Mine just feels nailed down with lots more damping! It makes is so easy to go so fast! Its everything I thought it would be and I am just thrilled with the purchase. The Ferrari of snowmobiles is so true! Cannot wait for the next storm and we get the rest of the trails groomed and we can do a serious ride up and over the mountain!

Alright went for my first real ride today with my brother and his 17 146track winder. We had a long enough and smooth enough will lit trail for sustained full throttle pulls. We both have the Hurricane 270 tunes but he has no intake mods and 2.5 inch exhaust and is geared lower. We had both assumed he would pull me because of the traction of his track. It turns out not to be the case! They are pretty much equal on most the pulls up to about 100mph. I know from following him riding my SRX that mine is digging a trench past 80 mph! How ever they could not be more different in how they ride and handle! His has lots of weight transfer under throttle and roll around a corner. Over all it just feels a lot softer. Mine just feels nailed down with lots more damping! It makes is so easy to go so fast! Its everything I thought it would be and I am just thrilled with the purchase. The Ferrari of snowmobiles is so true! Cannot wait for the next storm and we get the rest of the trails groomed and we can do a serious ride up and over the mountain!
I totally agree with your statement "Ferrari of snowmobiles"..lol
When I get on the throttle It feels like a hopped up old muscle car roaring..haha!
I been thinking of the hurricane secondary intercooler!! As you get more riding time please share your intake temps difference between both sleds

From what I read about intake temps on Mountain sleds it makes a good case for water meth injection on Sidewinders. It does wonders on my Focus ST car.

Went for my first real trail ride with the SRX. After fixing some running issues the real fun has started. It seems to get some traction starting at about 95mph. Riding the same trails as the last 2 years takes some adjustment with the extra power!

Now that I have had a good taste of the power went ahead and ordered the header, flasher, ect to finish the package!

I think the quest for more power will stop here. I am looking forward the SS tune and better response! Corner exit speed!
001Edit.jpg

I think the quest for more power will stop here. I am looking forward the SS tune and better response! Corner exit speed!View attachment 152630
If your going that far buy the vinyfab 3" muffler dont wast your time with the stock muffler

Back