• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

998 Engine Service/Rebuild Manual

snowcaine

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
20 Sidewinder
21 ZR 9000
23 SRX
Does anyone know of a good 998 engine rebuild/service manual besides the general service manual? Or is the general service manual sufficient? I have some off-season high performance mods I'm going to do (e.g., new rods, pistons, cams, etc.), and if there are good 998 engine rebuild/service manuals, books, or videos, I want to review them. Not my first engine build, but would be my first 998 engine build. Thanks.

The factory zervice manual is pretty detailed as far as engine goes.
That said, if you can get the Yamaha YXZ 1000 manual, it has much better pictures and is sometimes clearer in descriptions and details.

The factory zervice manual is pretty detailed as far as engine goes.
That said, if you can get the Yamaha YXZ 1000 manual, it has much better pictures and is sometimes clearer in descriptions and details.

Thanks Turboflash you're 100% right the YXZ manual has way more detail and better pics than the SW manual. Just downloaded PDF copy. If anyone wants, PM me.

Back