• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It's Official

Congratulations are in order! :Rockon: :-o

I can't wait reaching your mileage. I'm almost half way there...

Are you planning keeping her for another year?

Yummy

Thanks to all for the acknowledgements and sharing the moment.

Regarding the sled, I don't really know quite yet what next year will bring. I'll keep everyone posted.

Yamaha 4 stroke engine technology is second to none. The reliability day after day is what kept a smile on my face. Everytime I reached for the key, I knew the sled would start.

Big wind screens and more storage are a very good thing. IMO Yamaha has introduced a real nice machine. It seems that the Venture GT has it all, a big windscreen as well as a generous trunk and much more etc. This sled should be a good selling model. Everyone needs to test ride the Venture GT. It's got some power.

What I like most about the GT is the GYTR clicker shocks. They provide a wide range of adjustability. ;)!

Excellent job hondo! As a fellow Mainiac I want to congratulate you... I was just up in Van Buren this weekend and put on another 164 miles. Trails were really good... loose, but good. Once again, great job!

I see a Yamaha ad in your future, ..LOL
When you put it in terms of 202 mile per day your accomplishment seems daunting.
We do a 3 dayer @ 200 per day and are proud of our selves!
You da ironman fosho.

Thanks to all for sharing the moment!

I truly appreciate the acknowledgements... ;)!

I agree snoway,

Riding 200 miles or better for a long weekend is fun.

For 60 days you have to ride.

Doesn't matter, you have to ride 200 miles or better.

The key here is to turn self talk from; "I have to do this"... into "I want to do this"...

There is quite a bit to over come and it does become very job like.

This is why a steady routine and having daily successes are very important in order to keep ones world into perspective. ;)!

BlueByYou2000 said:
Good for you Hondo. We are proud of you and having the record holder on a Yamaha is icing on the cake.

I'll second that and having you as a member of TY makes us all feel like we have a family member thats in the record books ;)! You rock Hondo would love to meet you someday!

Thank you BBY2000 and Convert, for sharing a piece of history.

I appreciate the kind words.

TY is a family where we all have a common interest and share a common passion.

You all... (Moderators, Site Administrators etc...) are the unsung heros that keep the site going and under control. Great job!

It's been quite a season up here. With record snowfalls throughout the Northeastern region and Canada, it was the right year to "get er done".

Convert,

I had thought a time or two about taking you up on your offer and ride to your place. I couldn't find anyone else on my end that wanted to give it a shot. That would have been a neat ride!

Hopefully our paths will cross somewhere in the future.

All the best!;)!

congratulations hondo! what an awesome accomplishment! are you going to try it again next year?

Back