• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping Ship

Yep...fast indeed these new cats are. Both the older and new generation turbo's. My HCR 1100 turbo has impressed me so far....still early in the season....but I drive it like I stole it.

The TD mods are not installed yet but way cheaper to dial up the boost when compared to my turbo Yami.....CAT engine reliabilty is ?????.... to early to tell.

Congrats on the purchase...

The cat has 4 years of boost already, I think the reliability is just fine...These are the ONLY motor with factory safety features like Octane codes, detno protection, timing and boost cuts. For big safe boost for "trail" guys the A/C turbo motor is the answer.

Good luck with your decision. Lots of cats are running build up kits and still have no chance with apex 290 kits. I have watched it with my own eyes on multiple occasions . And ask a honest cat owner with a modified cat, they will say apexs are in a higher class, thats how bad they get beaten. Its almost a joke. Not to pop your bubble but the hp figures that they claim is totally different then the real world true hp. You better be running c12 and boosting threw a bigger turbo than the stock one, just to compete. On pump I dont care what you are running its not going to run with it. Unless you have made a miracle happen.
Youll be back, they always come back :yam:

DooAssassin said:
Good luck with your decision. Lots of cats are running build up kits and still have no chance with apex 290 kits. I have watched it with my own eyes on multiple occasions . And ask a honest cat owner with a modified cat, they will say apexs are in a higher class, thats how bad they get beaten. Its almost a joke. Not to pop your bubble but the hp figures that they claim is totally different then the real world true hp. You better be running c12 and boosting threw a bigger turbo than the stock one, just to compete. On pump I dont care what you are running its not going to run with it. Unless you have made a miracle happen.

Love to run u on pump and my Z1.

Skydog. P.S. All in fun :flag:

It would be all speculation unless we lined them up. Im talking about the real facts and the proof is in the pudding as they say. Let me know if you have seen different. Show me the dyno results of a 1100 on 91 octane pulling 290-300 hp..... or some cases you have actually witnessed. there are tons of dyno graphs showing the apex pushing these numbers on 91 pump. Im not calling anyone a lier but im tired of all these speculations. Listen, we see the results all over the place. 3 cylinders pushing 260-270 on pump no comparison to a 4 cylinder in a pure hp race. Do you think there is going to be this magical event that going to take place with a 2 cylinder? Its simply the inefficiency of the motor burning the fuel and 2 cyl has no accept ion to the rule. All these people are rating it off psi. EX now im making 3 more psi so I should be making 30 more horse..not in all cases especially when you take into consideration head flow restrictions....case with only 2 cylinders.

seriously tho if you have some dyno results running on pump lets see them. Cheers guys, I love this site

DooAssassin said:

No C12... Meth...this isnt a run of the mill Hyjacked Z1 either.... I was wondering if AJ would jump in here ... but now that he has I will say thats why I bought this cat... because he built a few Yammies.... turboed and SC... then this one. According to him, the Apexs dont stand a chance.... Again, I havent riden it yet.... and as always.. there is always someone faster. I mean that as "generally" as it can possibly be taken.

Like u said... all speculation until you line them up. The proof is at the finish line.

Yea I have had two boosted Yamahas and a boosted Doo. I made the switch to Cat from what I am seeing the Z1 is killing them all, well with the mods that are done to mine anyway, We will see..... Hahaha

DooAssassin said:
It would be all speculation unless we lined them up. Im talking about the real facts and the proof is in the pudding as they say. Let me know if you have seen different. Show me the dyno results of a 1100 on 91 octane pulling 290-300 hp..... or some cases you have actually witnessed. there are tons of dyno graphs showing the apex pushing these numbers on 91 pump. Im not calling anyone a lier but im tired of all these speculations. Listen, we see the results all over the place. 3 cylinders pushing 260-270 on pump no comparison to a 4 cylinder in a pure hp race. Do you think there is going to be this magical event that going to take place with a 2 cylinder? Its simply the inefficiency of the motor burning the fuel and 2 cyl has no accept ion to the rule. All these people are rating it off psi. EX now im making 3 more psi so I should be making 30 more horse..not in all cases especially when you take into consideration head flow restrictions....case with only 2 cylinders.

seriously tho if you have some dyno results running on pump lets see them. Cheers guys, I love this site

You are 100 percent correct, when you are talking stock turboed z1's. They cant run with the big yamahas. But the big turboed cats are in a different league. 35lbs of boost is damn near 400 hp. it will take a yamaha running 20 lbs of boost to be close. Been there done it and raced it. A boosted doo running 24lbs boost is close.

Now set up ice racing is something i havent done, so results might be different. I cant say what the end result would be. Although i havent lost a race on ice when i owed the big red cat. And i raced everything that would line up next to me.

In the end it all comes down to who your racing and who has the bigger pockets. Boost is addictive.... i am loving my new polaris though!

aja said:
You are 100 percent correct, when you are talking stock turboed z1's. They cant run with the big yamahas. But the big turboed cats are in a different league. 35lbs of boost is damn near 400 hp. it will take a yamaha running 20 lbs of boost to be close. Been there done it and raced it. A boosted doo running 24lbs boost is close.

Now set up ice racing is something i havent done, so results might be different. I cant say what the end result would be. Although i havent lost a race on ice when i owed the big red cat. And i raced everything that would line up next to me.

In the end it all comes down to who your racing and who has the bigger pockets. Boost is addictive.... i am loving my new polaris though!

Speed ain't cheap... and you gotta pay to play!

You are talking pipe dreams buddy. I am talking about the brand new turbo cats. Been running with them all winter. 35psi...there you go again with a estimated hp rating. Lets see the dynos on pump!!! you WILL not run with a mcx apex 290hp kit. It wont happen and dosint happen. Listen, you push 240-260 at most on pump end of story. If you disagree show the proof!...there is none thats why. I can show you proof www.mc-xpress.com 290hp on pump on the dyno. Your over boosted turbo is running so unefucently at 35psi its not even close to the estimated numbers. I dont want to hear I beat this , i make 35psi boost so I must be making this much hp because its all speculation. They are fast ok, but not even close to a mcx turbo apex. SHOW ME THE PROOF NOT JIBBLE JABBLE!!

Im having fun, but not bending the truth :yam:

DooAssassin said:
aja636 you are talking about racing with race fuel. We are talking about racing on snow with 91 pump fuel. Cheers

Again... not running race fuel... pump gas with Meth. Dont have any dyno sheets for you... not sure of any dynos in my area. Would be interested to find out for myself though.

Check that... google revealed a few dynos that arent to far away...

Back