• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just bought 2 rs ventures....need some help

nstubbert

I just bought 2 slightly used rs ventures. One is a 2005 with 2000 miles and the other is a 2006 with 4000 miles. One of the sleds I bought is already in the shop because it hadn't been run in two years and when I bought it it was running like crap so I sent it to the shop. My guess is since it has been sitting for so long the carbs are all gummed up. The other sled runs like a top, I just love 4-strokes! Anyway, my question is...I cannot find any good windshield bags, trunk bags, or tank bags for my sled anywhere and these sleds have no storage whatsoever. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also, since I have never owned a rs venture does anybody have any advice for me? (I had two RX-1 sleds and a Vector back in 2003).

bags

Yamaha makes a tank bag for the Venture. I bought one from Bartons Motorsports in Tamworth, NH for my wifes 2010 Vector. You should be able to get one near you.

good luck

Pete

Yamaha IMO has one of the best accessories lineup of the 4 OEM's. I seem to recall lots of options for those year sleds. I had lots of options for my 2005 Vector. What I don't like is Yami's accessories website. It only goes back to 2009!

I have an 06 and an 07 Venture and both have the Yamaha saddle bags. They hold lots of gear for a full day ride and fit pretty well. I haven't looked but I hope you could still get them.

I fabricated my own design for my Venture. Incredibly sturdy and works great for long weekend rides - it's truly a quick connect setup and utilizes the original bracket Yamaha provides. Also, I'm able to reinstall the original OEM plastic plate once I'm done.

I simply place a bag inside my rear rack, secure it down and able to carry many useful items. The only down fall is having the group of riders I'm with ask if I can carry something of theres. I designed it to tapper in and I truly think it adds to the design and doesn't look like this awkward square cage of some sort. I've had many riders out on the trails ask where I purchased this.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    582.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 4.58.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 4.58.14 PM.png
    303.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 4.58.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 4.58.52 PM.png
    430.5 KB · Views: 150
The windshield bag that Yamaha makes is easy to install and works good and does interfere with vision.

I have Yamaha saddle bags also and a trunk bag that sits on top of the platform. Lots of storage.

Here's my ghetto version of additional storage. I replaced the 3 bolts on the tiny shelf with some longer ones equipped with fender washers to hold the soda crate. I have a small cooler that I bungee in there, but I could also carry some extra fuel I suppose.

BTW, I picked up my saddle bags on ebay for $40 bucks.

Attachments

• DSCF2228.jpg
    DSCF2228.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 129

Back