• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

just bought a 07 attak gt

snobill

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 apex xtx
:yam: First of all this site is awsome had 2 join ! Just bought a 07 attak gt ! Cant wait to see how she rides, its driving me crazy looking at it in the garage. I had a 02 srx 700 and that was a great sled , i just needed a little more suspension and i wanted a 4 stroke and wanted reverse also , getting old . Anyway I've learned alot from this site already. T :yam: he sled has 3600 miles on it and i had the shocks rebuilt, greased the drive baring and all the wheels ,adjusted the clutch,checkedstuds and front end bushings gona do them next year still look pretty good . Got the origanal skis, figured i would try them first .Thanks for all the info !

Congrats on the sled. I have the same sled with many upgrades but stock motor and clutch's, 8,700 miles and zero issues. With 3,600 miles on your's it's getting close to exhuast doughnut time, if it wasn't done allready. Shim out the ski's and studboy duece bars and you'll think it has power steering. You'll get alot of ideas here on how to make the sled even more enjoyable. ;)!

Did you change the oil and filter? Also, if you start it, let it warm up completely before turning it off. Make sure you have some heat in the heat exchangers. The plugs foul pretty quick if you don't let it warm up.

I'll have to check on how to put spacers in never did that before and i have those carbides. The oil and filter just changed when i bought it , I didn't know you had to warm it up fully before shutting it off thanks for the info ! Pretty sure the guy told me he did the donuts . khttp://www.ty4stroke.com/images/smiles ... es.gifinda new on posting stuff on internet Ill try to get some pics up soon .thanks again

They didn't seem to wear any faster. I can't say for sure. I did this mod half way through the season, then put on Simmons skis for the next season

Congrats on the new-to-you Attak!

I had the same sled (red) until I sold it last month. Great machine!

Did you have re-valving done to the shocks when they were rebuilt? The stock valving is good but Yamaha left some on the table. A great riding sled can be made even better.

I would recommend you look into installing a Yamaheater system. The grips were not sufficient for my liking.

Enjoy!

Just rebuilt, didnt know they could get better . The guy i bought it from said the hand warmers worked fine . Ill have to find out if we ever get snow. :o|

I am in Wi Rapids also. Bought my 07 Apex last season and only got to ride once up north due to a bad winter.

I am looking for people to ride with in this area so once we get snow let me know if you're up for riding.

Allways lookin for more people to ride with . I took my srx up north twice last year and the trails were pretty bad but my budy had a attak and he said it wasnt bad ! So thats the reason i got one ! My back was shot after both weekends . Cant wait to try her out ! :Rockon:

finnaly got some pics

Attachments

• jake1.jpg
    jake1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 109
  • jake2.jpg
    jake2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 114
  • jake3.jpg
    jake3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 111

Back