• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just read this on Facebook. Posted from a dealer.

Maybe when yamaha recrates them they will accidentally drop a delux cover in the crate for our inconvenience. Lol

2BLUE4U said:
Superfletch said:
I did some digging last night as I must say I was a little annoyed at this news. I am awaiting a LTX SE that I will be racing in the USXC series. After 18 years of motorcycle roadracing Yamahas (11 of them directly sponsored by Factory Yamaha) I had a few contacts lets say. This info is coming from the TOP! "After some calls I found the crate issue to be a reality. It appears in attempts to load sleds at our distribution facility size and quality became an apparent issue. After dropping the first on its nose and almost a second we had to look at making changes." Me: Why cant they be shipped as delivered to the warehouse, or direct from the factory? Contact: "There has to be seperations and certain responsibilities for each party in a joint venture like this. The delivery of sleds to us at our distribution center is where we, cut the cord lets say with our partner. The shipping issue has been such a simple thing it was never thought to be an issue and is a unfortunate biproduct of this venutre" Me: When can I expect my sled? Contact: " Our statement is a very very worse case scenerio and was drafted days ago. This issue is well ahead of original anticipated delays. In fact we have many units ready to roll" I went on to thank him. I have dealt with this individual and known him for 18+ years and he is a straight shooter with me. Hated for this to be my first post but I want my sled!!! lol.

That makes me feel a little better but I still can't figure out how this "minor detail" slipped through the cracks :drink:
Thank you Superfletch and I must agree with you 2BLUE4U. A company the size of Yamaha and with all of their technology this should have never happened.

Well thank god I cancelled that order of 5000 shipping crates I placed with Arctic Cat!

I never would have guessed that the R&D guys would have put so much time into the sled and never discussed how to get the product to the dealers :o|

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A..... FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE!!!!

WHAT WOULD HITLER HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS!!!

Here's the way I look at it: Since I have no control over this rediculous issue it gives be a few more weeks to buy my clutch kit, pipe, intake, pics, gearing, LEDs, and all my new snowmobile gear. Turbo will most likely be next year?. In the mean time, modding out my son's FX NYTRO!!! ;)!

When you guys snow checked your vipers, what dates were u given from your dealer to expect sleds to show up. I ordered mine as soon as my dealer got spring order pricing, this was a week or less after yamaha first released the sled. I was told then that spring ordered sleds usually start showing up middle of October. Roughly a month later my dealer told me that it will be mid November and this info was direct from yamaha. If sleds are shipped next week then it will be right on time to what my dealer said. If it's not til the end of November than that is ok too. I'm glad to hear that the sleds are in yamahas hands and that they are dealing with this..it should explain the delays and be reassuring to people to know what is going on rather than wondering if my sled has even been built yet or where or who is handling somewhere across the US. I too am very anxious but happy to know yamaha has the sleds and is def not gonna let anything happen to anyone's $11,000 machines.

except the one that fell on its nose i wonder who gets that one lol.

thor452 said:
except the one that fell on its nose i wonder who gets that one lol.

I'll be the first to sign my name even to that sled. I've got confidence in yamaha that every sled sold and delivered will be 100% ready no matter what happens between now and then. If I didn't feel that way I wouldn't be spending $11000 on something I only get to use 3 months out of the year.

I don't know what the width requirement is for Yamaha's crates, but these sleds were end-loaded with a forklift and were very well constructed.

Attachments

• IMG_2456 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_2456 (640x480).jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 87
Superfletch said:
I did some digging last night as I must say I was a little annoyed at this news. I am awaiting a LTX SE that I will be racing in the USXC series. After 18 years of motorcycle roadracing Yamahas (11 of them directly sponsored by Factory Yamaha) I had a few contacts lets say. This info is coming from the TOP! "After some calls I found the crate issue to be a reality. It appears in attempts to load sleds at our distribution facility size and quality became an apparent issue. After dropping the first on its nose and almost a second we had to look at making changes." Me: Why cant they be shipped as delivered to the warehouse, or direct from the factory? Contact: "There has to be seperations and certain responsibilities for each party in a joint venture like this. The delivery of sleds to us at our distribution center is where we, cut the cord lets say with our partner. The shipping issue has been such a simple thing it was never thought to be an issue and is a unfortunate biproduct of this venutre" Me: When can I expect my sled? Contact: " Our statement is a very very worse case scenerio and was drafted days ago. This issue is well ahead of original anticipated delays. In fact we have many units ready to roll" I went on to thank him. I have dealt with this individual and known him for 18+ years and he is a straight shooter with me. Hated for this to be my first post but I want my sled!!! lol.

Good luck this year Shane! ;). I raced CRA with you off and on and if you're as fast on the snow as you are on the pavement then the USXC boys will have their hands full :Rockon:

This is the funniest ever! This should tell you some thing about Yamaha's involvement with this sled. Superfletch..Pine Lake will freeze over tonight.....welcome to the USXC!

My 2014 Cat came in a crate that was made to either ship one sled or two ATV, which of course left loads of room in the crate if shipped with a sled. That being said the crate is very long and I could see if you were not equipped to load or unload crates that large you could have a problem, especially if you picked up the wrong end :sled1:

That would be my question to the guys in Canada, were there Vipers shipped in very large hardwood crates? And if so where the problem is should be obvious.

#1APEXRIDER said:
All you girls are sure getting your panties in a bunch. Have a good look at that letter from YAMAHA. Does that really look official to all you girls ? Calm down, you,ll get your sleds in plenty of time, and next year, just buy one of the showroom floor when you are ready to take it home, instead of waiting 9-10 months for it.

I assure you I didn't fabricate that letter. It was forwarded to me from my dealer as soon as they received it.

Back