• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just read this on Facebook. Posted from a dealer.

You guys are probably in the 70% that will be delivered by the end of November. I would imagine that snow checks will be the first to arrive.

The problem is the crates wont fit in a enclosed semi trailer side by side. I dont care. Yamaha needs to ship them as is.I do not want a recrated sled. They need to hire the same semis that deliver the Cats and everything will be fine. I do not want someone I dont know opening the crate of my sled.

2BLUE4U said:
THE END OF DECEMBER?!?!?!?!?!?! NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!! The riding season here is barely 3 months and in the last 5 years, when we have a good winter the majority of the snow falls between December 1 and December 20th...If I don't have my Viper next week I'm gonna be pissed...this is ridiculous. The worst part is what the hell am I gonna do about it besides complain? Good start to the supply agreement Cat and Yamaha. Another thing...I'm no logistics genius, but why in the hell would you drive past god knows how many Minnesota dealers on your way to Chicago just to load the sleds on another trailer and drive right back?!?!? I own a lumber yard....I know how much it costs to operate trucks...this makes zero sense to me. Marvin Windows, which is based out of Warroad, MN (not too far from TRF) has two trucking routes...MN Dealer Direct and Distributors, their product comes right from their manufacturing facility to my loading dock. Sorry for the rant but that letter pisses me off to no end. $13,000 for a new sled and you can't get it in my hands before the end of December?!? BULL$H!T!!!!!! :die

Do you supply the Lumber to Cat for the crates??

JUST KIDDING !

Garbage

Wouldn't it be easier just to hook a different trailer... Instead let's pay drivers twice And people to recrate and load and drive again... Sounds like poor quality control on both AC and YAMAHA! Talk this sled up and then piss off customers! I ordered mine like 5 days after I saw it and this is what I get! My dealer didn't even tell me! This I how I had to find out...worst new sled buying experience ever... Kinda wish I would have bought another apex!
:die :die :die :die :die :moon: :die

AC crates are larger and wood framed. Like said they are designed to be loaded on a open bed trailer from the side. All Yamaha crates are metal framed and will fit inside a closed trailer they are loaded and unloaded from the back. To fit AC crates in a enclosed trailer you would have to reduce the load by almost 1/2. Two side by side will not fit. Solution if Yamaha insists on the closed trailers ship however many fit and eat the shipping. Do not mess with the original crate please.

2BLUE4U said:
End of November is not acceptable...plain and simple :die
Why isn't it ?
What's the big deal people , they must feel it's not acceptable to ship them they way they are , they feel that the crates are cheap , maybe they think the sleds will get damaged or something , everyone just needs to relax alittle it's going to be alright ..... My god you babies
:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

cannondale27 said:
The problem is the crates wont fit in a enclosed semi trailer side by side. I dont care. Yamaha needs to ship them as is.I do not want a recrated sled. They need to hire the same semis that deliver the Cats and everything will be fine. I do not want someone I dont know opening the crate of my sled.
Why don't you want a recrated sled ?
Will the resale go down or something ?
:jump:

This is the last thing that I would expect from a company like Yamaha. I am having very serious thoughts of canceling my order. If they can't crate a $13000 sled properly how can they make sure the sled is up to quality. Shame on You Yamaha!!!!! :die

I wonder if they have some exclusive contract with the shipping company they use? Maybe they own the enclosed trailers? Just doesnt make sense to risk damage with the extra handling. Cat crates work fine as long as used as intended. So why not use them as intended? Seems something more is at hand.

Back