• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

K&N filters

MikeAttakNYC

Expert
Does anyone know which K&N filters fit over the air intakes of the apex/attak and even nytro in place of the airbox? I know I've seen them but can't remember where, and any pics would be great

Ulmer makes them for the Nytro. He does the mod airbox for the Apex. I think the Apex looses power with the K&N's

Run the bottom half of the air box and then leave the top completely open. It looks much like this and works very similar to the "Ram air" style lids available for the Apex. I could get you some pricing if you'd like. I have done several of these in the past.

a buddy of mine pt k&ns and i did the ram air lid. I also put womens black nylon over my vents as well. The results were my sled having virtually no build up of snow and the k&n system having nothing but snow in and around the air box. even with the hood sealed. Take a look at what sled dog had to go through with his rx1. Sled dog rides in the same conditions as I do and thats in that sugary snow. It all depends on where you ride and the conditions. Sled dog also mentioned that his prefilter for the k&ns were giving him nothing but a headache so he took the k&ns out and created his own ram air concept and stated he felt a better increase with that with less dust/snow. Again, it's your call but thats what I have seen on the field.

i have a ramair lid on mine now i was curious as to how the K&n performed cause i think they look pretty sweet and my dad, who rides and apex wants a ramair lid as well for the throaty sound, so i was kickin around the idea of givin him mine and goin with the k&n.. just a thought

If you do some searching on this site you will find that separate air filters lose horsepower on these sleds. The racers advise getting more air to the stock airbox. I opened up the stock hole on the bottom of the airbox more (only where the incoming air will still be filtered by the foam), and I also removed the black plastic panel in the front of the sled that blocks incoming air. It is held on by one screw. I'd re-install that if I were going to be riding in deep snow. Normal trail/lake riding for me (even when snowing) has not led to any buildup of snow in the nose of my sled yet.

Back