• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

kids Yamaha mountain sled

fabbing brackets to mount the tunnel.....
IMG-20121018-00588.jpg

IMG-20121018-00589.jpg

Questions:

1. How'd ya get the track off without pulling the motor? I was under the impression you had to pull the motor to remove the track on the old scoots and sports.

2. The only time I've ever found info on the stock drivers for the sports, I think it said they are for a 2.02 pitch track ... so you're gonna have to put some new drivers in there. What size, how many, and will you have to modify/make a new track shaft?

3. Are ya gonna stick with the OE style skid set-up (outside the track suspension) or will you be installing front and rear arms inside the track?

4. Gonna make any changes to the front suspension (new a-arms?, spindles?, shock mounts?)??

No matter what you do, this is a cool project in my book. I have 2 sports and I've always said "someday" to something like this ... I just wish I had the skills to do what I would really like to do to at least one of them BEFORE my kids are too old to enjoy it - even though I would probably ride it as much as they would. Keep posting pics. I will be following this one for sure. ;)!

well running boards done on one side......used light wall 3/4" exhaust pipe......better than what was there.....rough cut the plastic out....need to true up the edge and melt the burrs off....

IMG-20121019-00590.jpg

IMG-20121019-00592.jpg

IMG-20121019-00593.jpg

OVR4D said:
Questions:

1. How'd ya get the track off without pulling the motor? I was under the impression you had to pull the motor to remove the track on the old scoots and sports.

2. The only time I've ever found info on the stock drivers for the sports, I think it said they are for a 2.02 pitch track ... so you're gonna have to put some new drivers in there. What size, how many, and will you have to modify/make a new track shaft?

3. Are ya gonna stick with the OE style skid set-up (outside the track suspension) or will you be installing front and rear arms inside the track?

4. Gonna make any changes to the front suspension (new a-arms?, spindles?, shock mounts?)??

No matter what you do, this is a cool project in my book. I have 2 sports and I've always said "someday" to something like this ... I just wish I had the skills to do what I would really like to do to at least one of them BEFORE my kids are too old to enjoy it - even though I would probably ride it as much as they would. Keep posting pics. I will be following this one for sure. ;)!

lol...thats a lot to take in ;)! ....stay tuned .....can't give all my secrets away.....lol

Well all apart.....finish welling up the boards and tunnel mounting tabs....sand blast and powder wrinkle black....need to make a cross shaft and spacers for the arm that mounts to the skid....need to make a protector sheild for the bottom of the gas tank.....

IMG-20121021-00629.jpg

template for the tunnel....might have to do a bit of tweaking....but very close...
IMG-20121021-00631.jpg

How did you cut the driver so that it will fit the square track shaft? Nice job on the boards BTW.

IMG-20121019-00594.jpg

Bought like that....it's a kimpex driver for a older bravo 2.52 pitch

Lots of custom work there - Still waiting to see someone besides the notorious "BullheadMoto" to build one of these with a TS Mountainhorse skid and a WR450F motor. Might have to be the first.

For those not able to see the pics, here you go:
141041d1352855148-2013-yamaha-mountain-mod-scoot-image.jpg

141043d1352855442-2013-yamaha-mountain-mod-scoot-image.jpg

Well took the frame to the powder coaters today. Busy with work and hunting. have the seat at mouintain mod. And the tunnel template at chads. I will post some pics as soon as I have the pieces back.

OVR4D said:
Lots of custom work there - Still waiting to see someone besides the notorious "BullheadMoto" to build one of these with a TS Mountainhorse skid and a WR450F motor. Might have to be the first.

For those not able to see the pics, here you go:
141041d1352855148-2013-yamaha-mountain-mod-scoot-image.jpg

141043d1352855442-2013-yamaha-mountain-mod-scoot-image.jpg

Still cant see them? Can you save them to your computer then post them?

Back