• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kill switch button - Apex

thechamp1

I recently had a tree branch pull the red kill switch button off my Apex GT.
Snapped it in half.
Understand that the RX1 kill switch button is interchangeable.
Can the red button be sourced without having to order the entire right hand lever assembly.
At the very least just the kill switch.

thechamp1 - currently I don't have any extra buttons around but from time to time we do get our hands on some from our regional service reps. The button itself is not orderable from the Yamaha parts division. You might want to contact your local dealer and see if they possibly have one or give me a call and the next time we get some in I can get one to you. Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
I think I am done for the season snowmobiling.
I will follow up with you in September.
Otherwise, if one becomes available please email me - I will then follow up with a phone call.
thechamp1

A friend of mine rolled my new Nytro over on an icy parking lot, scratched the heck out of my kill switch, and we priced the kill switch @ $105!! You have to buy the entire assembly. If you get any more, I'd like one as well!!!!!!!

Apex Kill Switch

Yamaha does sell the red kill switch button separately now.
Not listed within the standard parts schematics.
It is special order. I purchased on in the fall of 08 for $20 CDN.

So now I've got the red kill button..... what all is involved with replacing it?

Is it a snap ring? screwed in? or.....?

murph - to change out that kill switch button you need to split the housing in half by removing the screws holding it together and then you can remove a small screw that will allow the switch to slide out of the housing - then drop the kill switch button in place and slide the switch back into the housing - the switch will slide over the button locking it into place. Its actually pretty easy and will make sense once you get it apart.

Back