• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kill switch button replacement

jpilk99

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex GT
My '06 Apex GT came to me with a broken kill switch button; almost completely gone. But, just barely enough to stick a long needle into the side of it to slide it up far enough so I can start my sled. I bought a new one (interesting how I had zero problem finding the part number and getting one from Sport Parts Inc after reading how many problems people had about 10 years ago).

At any rate, I'm not finding any videos on how to open up the black plastic housing on the right hand handlebar to get the remnants of the old one out and the new one snapped in. Does anyone have any info on How To?

Thank you.

Jay

Easy enough job. Nothing to unhook. One tie wrap to cut and a couple of screws and it comes apart. Just be meticulous of where the wire channel when you screwed it back up.

Just did a friends last night because it kept shutting down, it was all corroded, it’s easy enough to do.

Back