• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kill Switch

shawnmcgr

Pro
I smashed the kill switch on my '08 Phazer Mtn (I really thought that tree was going to bend out of the way) and want to install an aftermarket switch rather than replace the entire throttle block assembly. I think I need a "normally closed" switch. This is the kind of tether folks seem to be installing so I'm assuming the kill switch is the same.

Can anyone confirm, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Shawn

Normally closed is what you need.
Check the FAQ for "tether switch", I installed one on my Phazer last week following these instructions and it works flawlessly.

Thanks! I see Yamaha lists the kill switch button as a separate part, can this be replaced separately? I had assumed I'd have to replace the entire throttle block.

I found a Canadian supplier in Vancouver that has a very good price. PM me if you want their web address. I ordered mine from them.

shawn,

Yes, you can replace just the kill switch button itself.

I did an endo over the front right side of my MTX last year in Wyoming, jacket caught the button and ripped it right off the sled.

Replaced just the button this fall... good as new.

y1

Thanks guys!!

Do you just pull what's left of the old one out and push the new one in or do I need to take the block apart?

I'm surprised this is the first one I've wrecked!

It's a pull it apart kind of job. Put something under the block to catch that stuff you always seem to drop 15 times and then lose..... :o| Crack a cold one and dissect away. ;)!

Back