• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim Klimate vs Keweenaw

Ontariokid95

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Zr 9000
hello, I am looking for a new jacket and bibs this year and I have narrowed it down to a Klim suit, how does the Klimate parka/bibs compare to the Keweenaw? Also any info on the fxr Adrenaline or Team FX is appreciated aswell. Thanks

i have the klim Keweenaw and i love them...4 years still going strong

FXR is very good and not as pricey as Klim... FXR Flote tech only insulation tech I know that will help you keep your head above water....only way to go imo.

Klim Keweenaw ... spend the money and don't look back. Its the best outfit I have ever owned in 40 yrs of sledding ! Wife love hers too and she is real picky about warmth and details . Get the proper under layers as its part of the set up that makes it work so well.

Klim Keweenaw is a very good choice but since fxr has come out with floatex I have switched to fxr and have to compaintes, most of my riding is on northern Ontario where temps get down to -30 Celsius or more and the fxr team jacket and pants have kept me warm plus if something were to happen while crossing water it’s good to know they will keep you a float.

Klim is very nice But very expensive unless you can get none current. Love there balaclava and gloves. For my jacket and bibs I have FXR, also very good stuff. If I had no budget I might have gone with the Klim but with the FXR I had a little more money for sled goodies! You can't go wrong with either brand in my opinion.

Yes pricey ... I bought at snow show prices but did find my wifes whole outfit this time of year online from a dealer in Canada..( cant recall) both of our outfits where non current but still being made. Price on wifes outfit was 40% off! If ya look they are likely still some!

Seems like a lot more go with the keweenaw over the Klimate, is the keweenaw really that much better? Also, how bulky is the fxr gear compared to Klim?

Seems like a lot more go with the keweenaw over the Klimate, is the keweenaw really that much better? Also, how bulky is the fxr gear compared to Klim?
FXR is very lite and not bulky at all with the Flote tech. FXR as good if not better than Klim and not as expensive. FXR also has a multitude of sizes and Klim does not. If you feel you must spend big bucks for some reason check out Motorfist. Since Polaris bought Klim it is not the same company not as friendly when there are problems. Motorfist is what Klim used to be before Polaris.

I can give my opinion on the klim vs fxr.
I had the klim yamaha gear and I found klim to be cold. I now have fxr adrenaline, no comparison. fxr is the warmest best yet I have owned.
One thing I found with klim that the outer shell was thin and warn through easy.. I only warn mine one season, not long enough for the #*$&@ to wear through and start getting wet like many of my riding buddies.

My experience is don’t waist your money on Klim, go down to your local hardware store, buy some window screen and wrap that around yourself and go riding. That’s a good comparison to the Klim suits you buy now a days, there not water proof, nor wind proof and definitely not warm! IMO

I have no experience with Klim or FXR suits but another vote for Motorfist. I got mine from the clearance section of thier site and got it for a song. Nice and warm, waterproof. Great gear!
Went riding with a buddy a couple of years ago. It was a sleet, rain type day. At lunch we had to find a laundromat so he could dry his suit and I was toasty warm and bone dry.

I have 2017 klim keweenaw jacket, bibs, boa boots, socks, head sock, and gloves and I love it. Rode through a rainstorm last year in Quebec, and me and my friend wearing klim klimate were the only ones totally dry when we pulled into Rebaska. We went right to the bar while the other guys wearing new FXR with the floatation, one with new skidoo gear and 1 with older Choko were soaked to the bone. They all literally took there clothes off in the dining room and had water running (not dripping)off of them. The people at Rebaska we’re great and took all thieir clothes and dried them as soon as they had them off, we ended up staying there because of their outstanding service(it’s a different world up there)
I have not ran into very cold weather yet maybe around 0*F and I was warm with just a base layer and light mid layer, but I do feel like it is light, but I would rather wear layers and take stuff off than be stuck in a hot jacket.
Me and me buddy bought our klim for that trip and on our drive up and while we were riding the first day the other 3 guys were talking trash about how much we spent and that their gear was just as warm and they never got wet. After the rain they were amazed at how well it worked and no more trash talking.
2 of the 3 guys bought new klim gear this year and I think the third is looking. I would never wear anything but klim especially if I was on a saddle bag trip and had to keep a schedule.

I have had the Klimate the past 3 seasons. I bough it because I was sick of breaking jackets (mostly the zippers) and when I learned that klim has a lifetime warranty on zippers and waterproofing, I did it. My Klimate jacket is still warm and looks great and dry, but I bought a Keeweenaw for this winter. The keeweenaw seems to be the same pretty much as the klimate, except it has a snow skirt which i like, and has many more pockets.

FXR is nowhere near the same quality as klim, and up here in Canada the FXR stuff has gotten pricy for what it is.

I have the Klim Klimate top/bottom suit with the 3 layer system....long underwear, and the thinner zip up jacket for in between on real cold days. Plus I have their Balaclava, Adrenaline boots and Klimate gloves. Best suit I have ever had period.

The bad thing about it......I had mine when hardly anyone else did. Now if I go into a pitstop everybody has the same stuff.

I had a Yamaha branded FXR suit years ago in blue, looked great colder than heck.

Back