• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim-Yamaha Gear

I have a Klim helmet with there balaclava. It was about 20 degrees yesterday and I don't think I could ride much less than 15 degrees with that thing. It was the $30ish one. The longer one has vent holes which I would think would let more air in. I am going to buy a no-fog balaclava. As far as customer service is regarded-I did not get the right head sock with the helmet and have talked to 2 dealers and klim and still do not have my sock.
:o|

I've used Klim gear for years. This is my 6th. season for a Valdez parka & Togwotee bib. I have base, mid and outer layers as well as balaclavas, gloves and boots. I got hooked on this gear when mountain riding in Sicamous BC. All the local guys I was riding with out there were in Klim gear and as the day got warmer, they just kept taking off layers and opening vents. Wicked stuff, so I bought my own and everyone I ride with here in the east thought I was crazy laying out all the cash for riding gear.

Now all the guys I ride with are wearing Klim gear as well. Worth every penny, wouldn't use anything else. I have listened to all the whining on here about the 'wet left foot'. Just a suggestion, get Klim gear and you won't have that problem anymore...... :-o

The Klim gear is awesome, I picked up a full set of base, mid and outer layer gear plus two sets of gloves for myself and my wife. If you are from Canada you can get it much cheaper in the US.

FXR FXR FXR very good stuff at a much lower cost and they are also a supplier to yamaha , I have had their top of the line suit and gloves for about 3 years and they are great . klim is v.g. too just more pricey , they are used more by the backcountry boys playing in the deep stuff .

grumpysanta said:
FXR FXR FXR very good stuff at a much lower cost and they are also a supplier to yamaha , I have had their top of the line suit and gloves for about 3 years and they are great . klim is v.g. too just more pricey , they are used more by the backcountry boys playing in the deep stuff .

X2

I REALLY like my FXR stuff. On another site there are rampant posts of Klim not honoring their warranty as they have in the past. Something to think about.

Been ridn for over 40 years, bought Klim bibs and jacket last year. (not the Yamaha branded) It is expensive, but it is the best cold weather gear I have ever had.

mj

chevmal67 said:
u sure? lets say you buy a klim bibs.. whats that like $360.. you use it for 5 years or whatever and you start to get wet or whatever.. send it in, they will test it. if they find the leak they will either fix it or replace it. I have heard of people sending their 10 yr old stuff and they send back brand new current year gear. Klim holds true to their gor-tex "guaranteed to keep you dry". Essentially if you buy one set, ur good to go for a long time.

If that is true, you just sold me to Klim gear next time around.. :Rockon:

How would that work out with Klim/Yamaha gear? Would you get it back or would you get Klim originals back.. does the warranty even still apply?

IFlyEm said:
On another site there are rampant posts of Klim not honoring their warranty as they have in the past. Something to think about.
I didn't refreshed before posting but i should have expected it with the economy the way it is...

On another site there are rampant posts of Klim not honoring their warranty as they have in the past. Something to think about.
I didn't refreshed before posting but i should have expected it with the economy the way it is...[/quote]

For the Klim/Yam, if they keep having that gear in the future, I would have to think you would get the Yamaha stuff back. But if they stop having the Klim/Yamaha gear say next year, and in 5 years you get it warantied, I am thinking you would get the straight Klim.

As far as the comment about not honoring the warranty.. A guy I work with just (like 3 weeks ago) sent his 3 year old bibs in, because he thought he got wet towards the end of last season. So he sent it in just to see what happened. He sent it in on a monday, he had a brand new 2010 set of bibs on the following Wed. I think that is an awesome turnaround.. if you consider sending the old in, them testing it, and sending a new pair back, pretty good i think.

I would also think the higher price is due to their warranty, If they are fixing and sending free new stuff to people, i would think it would be hard to make money.. So im sure they figure the warranty into the cost somewhat.. But either way, I always like a company that stands behind their product, so I am willing to pay a little more.

Here in Alberta the Yammy Klim is cheapper than the non-Yammy too .... best fitting pants I have ever worn. Long enough, cut wicked, warm as any ..... Top choice for me so far.

You guys should listen to doo_man when he says he's tried them all! I watched him try them while I was wearing Klim and listenening to him complain about how wet he was or cold he was...it took him only 3 years to fianally figure out that Klim was THE only way to go and spent the extra money!!!

I will add that there is absolutely no technology in polypro light and mid layers....If your on a limited budget and want to buy Klim gear just go and buy some inexpensive underwear and shirts, sweaters.
I personally have Kombi under layers and they are a third the price of anything and work all the same. Once you buy Klim you'll never buy anything else and that is a fact

TFG

Klim Gear

I bought the whole kit and haven't tried it yet as still no snow here in Manitoba!
I have been wearing the Jacket without the additional mid layer thru -40'c last week and felt warm.
I will tell you one thing it is the best fitting I have ever worn and it was actually cheaper than the non Yamaha Klim!
Socks, Adrenaline Boots, Bibb, Jacket + mid layer jacket (can be sleeve or less) Gloves = approx $1400cnd tax's in.
Last note, it looks great in Yamaha Blue esp on my Blue XTX
I'll have to change my picture once snow flies!
I am praying now
Jeff

i sure like the looks of the Yamaha-Klim F4 helmet, but not the price of it, anyone know where its on sale? can get it cheap?

Scheidl said:
i sure like the looks of the Yamaha-Klim F4 helmet, but not the price of it, anyone know where its on sale? can get it cheap?

Try Rec Supply....If you know anyone that gets a discount there get them to buy it for you!!!should be able to get it at least 10% off

TFG ;)!

Have the klimate suit, awesome! Need boots, lookn at the new adrenaline, anyone tried the 2010 version as they have changed it.

Back