• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knocking primary clutch

sbot69

Veteran
Was riding in UP last few days and had a knocking sound coming from my primary clutch. I cleaned the clutch real good a few weeks ago with brake cleaner. A guy I was with said I should lube rollers with comet clutch lube. Any thoughts what it is?

Was riding in UP last few days and had a knocking sound coming from my primary clutch. I cleaned the clutch real good a few weeks ago with brake cleaner. A guy I was with said I should lube rollers with comet clutch lube. Any thoughts what it is?

Check your belt for a chunk missing or a flat spot. Really.

More than likely it's the roller pins , I just ground my pins down flush with clutch so when you tighten the bolt it's tight and pin doesn't move ... I'll see how that works !!!!

Could just be normal. Can you post a vide of it with sound?
Will get a video on here in next few days.

Back