• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LEAN OUT THE CARB'S

Snorover

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Viper
Has anyone leaned out there carb's and if so what adj did you make???

Is there anyway to adj the spark???

Heard the other day that all cars come extra rich for break-in and after 5000 miles you should have them leaned out and the spark advanced.

I know that Yamaha has all ways sent out there snowmobiles on the very rich side and I have all ways leaned mine out. I have not touched my RX-1 yet.

:4STroke: :yam:

leaning

i have found that that mine was to lean and it got faster with more fuel ie rased the needles one notch and went up one main jet size to 137.5-140 ethere of these will work well others have found that playing with the tps setting hase made some gains. just do a serach on this site its :4STroke: all in here. as will as the ecp kits

Guys four-strokes require you to change your way of thinking about tuning a snowmobile. Two-strokes are generally jetted rich to allow use in multiple environments without burning the engine down. Four-strokes on the other hand don't suffer from temperature changes and elevation changes nearly as much as two-stokes do. Therefore they are usually jetted on the lean side to allow maximum fuel economy and tighter emissions. Most people looking to tweak there four-stroke jet up to gain maximum performance.

Back