• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED Light Kits, FROZE AND FELL OFF!

Website
www.higherpowerllc.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX SE 162" MCXpress 270 kit
I have a question for anyone with any knowledge or ideas on how to mount a LED kit on an Apex RTX.

First of all I have (had) a 6 light kit. I had 2 in the hood and 4 under the running boards. Long story short, while riding, on the lights I was getting big chunks of ice built up for the snow that had melted off of the running boards and then ran down and froze on the lights. It ended up tearing off the 2 one the right side of the sled. I mounted mine with one hole straps along the bottom of the running boards and ran the wires intp the ood compartment right under the chain case/driven clutch. I want to take the two out of the hood and put them where the other two tore off. Question is how do I keep ice from building up on this area?

They are plastic and I didn't want to get them too close to the coolers cause I was affraid they'd melt.

I know I need pictures of this, I'll try and get some one here tomorrow.

Think some kind of epoxy would work? Any ideas or past experiences would help!

Thanks fellas

I'm running 8 on my Attak. One in each headlight, one in each vent on the side panels, and two pointed down at each set of A-arms. I didn't put any under the tunnel/running boards because of the ice and rocks. I don't see any safe way unless you epoxy or silicone everything to the running boards so nothing sags. Maybe try a couple of the light bars so you don't have to run as much wire? Good luck and if you find something that works let us know.

I rivieted my snowforce leds to the running boards and under the bellypan and dont have any problems. :Rockon:

PHOT0029.JPG

Back