• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Less loud exhaust?

Lammy

Hi all. I'm pretty new here, and just got an 06 Apex RTX, and am super pumped to ride it. The thing is, I'd like to be a little different, and put an exhaust system on it, but I don't want something thats ear bleeding loud!
I'd just like something that might change the tone a bit. I don't mind a little louder is I have too, just a little different sound. Any suggestions?
THANKS!

I don't like how it only has 1 pipe outlet. Any other suggestions? I've heard that the MBRP isn't too bad. Anyone have/had any experience with them?

Lammy said:
I don't like how it only has 1 pipe outlet. Any other suggestions? I've heard that the MBRP isn't too bad. Anyone have/had any experience with them?
EXCELL is too loud for you,and to pricey$$,same with MBRP and bender, >> i would get the EXCELL but i am not going to pay $800 for a fcukin muffler! they all sound great,EXCELL being the best for power and sound.you may want to look at the SUPER-Q >>lots cheaper-and quieter.it just don't have the attitude sound of a STREETBIKE. :yam: :4STroke:

I actually called MBRP today, and they have a new exhaust out that is more compliant with todays trail riding regulations. And from what I've researched, they are up there with excell for most power, but you can't believe everything you read either. I think they're all kinda similar anyway, +4,5,or six h.p. and - 5-10 lbs in weight. Thats the difference in a good crap!

Did you look into seeing if they still need to weld the MBRP? As in, they give you the new muffler, but you have to weld the stock single tube to it, I think this is the way it used to be

The best thing you can do is gut the stocker, have it welded up by a weld shop. It the best as it is stronger than most besides the excell, and the outlets are still large, compared to my bender which the outlet holes are slightly smaller and I have to weld the thing up every spring, quality.....

Leave the stock exhaust on. You will survive the sound, just as 95% of us. I listened to it for over 10,000 miles and I loved it. If you have too much money, donate it to your local charity, and enjoy the fact you helped someone, that can't afford food.

Every site has one of these smart #*$&@ guys, with their witty comments. LOL. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with that stuff anymore coming to an exclusively yamaha site, because yamaha riders generally have more class than that. Oh well. He probably rides a ski doo anyway!

I gutted my exhaust last year because i didnt want to spend the big bucks and its not loud but it resonates something awful .
I bought a new takeoff exhaust to put back on .
I was really hoping to get that crotch rocket sound , but after alot of reading found out that itll never happen on these sleds as they dont turn the rpms a bike does . So back to stock it is , after all they do sound pretty sweet bone stock . .
Just my 2-cents .

I agree entirely with Apexyouper, so I guess that makes me a smart azz too! I'm not sure what you could possibily want to change on this sled, its all high end as it is. If you don't like how loud it is, buy a Vector? :o|

Must be the moderators haven't read this thread, foul language, personal attacks, it's not even a hot topic. Lammy didn't say it was too loud, he wanted a different sound, louder was ok. We all have too much money apparently because we all have snowmobiles, and I personally spend more each year than I should, but I live to ride.

I gutted mine on the 07 GT last year, I only took the inner tubes out between the baffles and it does not resonate it is only slight louder untill you get in deep powder and really burp the throttle to jump it. The real noise came from getting rid of the air box and going with a filter kit you get a real grrrrrrooooow from the front as she sucks in the air.

If you gut the Apex muffler can is double lined. cut the outer layer with an angle grinder first and then cut the interior liner smaller. when you weld them back in it assures you got a good seal

Mongo 1 said:
Must be the moderators haven't read this thread, foul language, personal attacks, it's not even a hot topic. Lammy didn't say it was too loud, he wanted a different sound, louder was ok. We all have too much money apparently because we all have snowmobiles, and I personally spend more each year than I should, but I live to ride.
You're right in my case Mongo 1, I never even noticed it until today.

The guy who started the nonsense has been on here long enough to know better and I'd like to think he took the hint with your post. ;)!

Back