• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lets see.. BEST CLUTCH KIT?

mr. shide said:
shaddow44 said:
mr. shide said:
i ususally dont have the luxury or time to actually tune. I have to drive atleast 5 hours to hit the trails and by then all I want to do is ride. didnt know if there was something out there I could basically "bolt-on" and get any modest gains from.

Probably Ulmers kit would be your best bet,
thanks for the info. Stage 2?

I was talking to Alan Ulmer at Haydays and I was very impressed with his knowledge. Someday I'm going to install his stage 2 on my Attak GT.

Right now my clutching is basically stock except I put a shallower Hartman helix in there that supposedly provides better pull through midrange and much quicker backshifting. The key per Mr. Hartman was a more aggressive wind so I went 6-1, for a 70 degree wind.

And man, was that secondary hard to get back together with that tougher wind on that spring!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely a second person (my neighbor) to help twist that thing and hold it down while I tighted the bolts!

Per Tom Hartman, mid range pull and back shift should be greratly enhanced. He said this will help off trail especially, but also trail riding with better take off after a corner. More usable power as he described it.

I dunno, but we'll se in a few months here when I can try it out!!!!!

Mike

Shallower helix with more wind = better backshift but poorer accelration; especially in the midrange; unless your in 4 ft of snow!!!!

Turk said:
Shallower helix with more wind = better backshift but poorer accelration; especially in the midrange; unless your in 4 ft of snow!!!!

Hmmmmm. Darnit!

Thanks Turk. For primarily trails (on this sled) would you go back to stock helix or maybe just less wind?

Would these mean I'd have a higher top end, or the same and now just slower to get there?

Any value in going to less wind or go back to stock with 3-3 wind?

Thanks Turk! Clutching is one of the areas I know nothing, but it intrigues me a lot and I want to learn more......

;)!

Mike

Turk, please chime in again with your recommendation. Should i just go back the stock helix and ditch this shallower helix? i don't want to lose any mid range power!

If so, at what wind/ twist with the stocker? (3-3?)

I usually run about 1500 -- 2000 feet above sea level on tight, twisty trails........ So obviously midrange is key!

Thanks so much as I thought a shallower helix with greater wind would add/ get you more usable mid range power, but i was obviously mistaken!!!!!

Mike

Thx much!!!!!!

Mike

well, I just had a great conversation with Randy and Cindy from Heel Clicker/ Super Torquer.

They provided a ton of great information/ help about my Attak clutching and my Mt Viper's 40-10 HC setup.

I ordered a Drag and Fly aggressive trail set up from them today for the Attak. They also have a big sale going on.

And Cindy is even going to throw in a bunch of new 12mm and 14 mm screws/ weights and washers for my 40-10 Viper set up and provided some tips on some changes I should try out.

Realyy helpful and nice. I cant wait to try out the Drag and Fly's!!!!!!!!

Mike

Back