• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lets see.. BEST CLUTCH KIT?

Some things the average rider should understand about clutch kit installs.
1. if the kit only comes with weights and primary spring, then top end will be gained in small amounts.
2. To gain large amounts of top end the primary needs to close more and the secondary needs to open more. The healix needs to be replaced or cut and the primary needs to also be cut. This will bring the belt to a higher gear for more top end.
3. you should know a little about preload and finish load for engagement and rpm to match peak HP.
Most kits will give you a better launch, mid range and a little top end to the stock set up but don't expect to see extreem gains on top without making some critical component changes.

Nobody has really anwserd the orinal post question.
does anybody have any feedback on their clutch kit? I'm trying to decide between Ulmer, Proline and Terminator trail kit. I'm looking for more top speed. I trail ride and race on lake. I'm a newbie to the Apex coming off a Mach Z 1000. Thanks

bbydan said:
Unless you are making more hp you wont see any gains from just bolting on a clutch kit.

Bracebridge Yamaha.....you should post that at your parts counter. LaLaLa

LAKECITYAPEX said:
Does anyone have the trail terminator clutch kit.
What is the top speed on GPS. Which clutch kit is the best? Thanks

Lakecityapex...I will be basically running a trail terminator kit this winter. With the exception of the weights, which I already have, so I'll sell those.

This kit was developed with the lake racer in mind, as lots the testing was done on the lake. However, don't discount the trail manners....backshift for corner to corner acceleration should be awesome!

I am hearing that the kit may included a belt and or a gear at a reduced cost.

I don't know how much better any 'one' clutch kit will be than the next. Ulmer and Proline's kits have been proven.

I do think that they all posses different characteristics and I am looking forward to running this TERMINATOR KIT!!!

As for customer service, all three are at the TOP of the industry for customer service. ;)!

87gtNOS said:
LAKECITYAPEX said:
Does anyone have the trail terminator clutch kit.
What is the top speed on GPS. Which clutch kit is the best? Thanks

Lakecityapex...I will be basically running a trail terminator kit this winter. With the exception of the weights, which I already have, so I'll sell those.

This kit was developed with the lake racer in mind, as lots the testing was done on the lake. However, don't discount the trail manners....backshift for corner to corner acceleration should be awesome!

I am hearing that the kit may included a belt and or a gear at a reduced cost.

I don't know how much better any 'one' clutch kit will be than the next. Ulmer and Proline's kits have been proven.

I do think that they all posses different characteristics and I am looking forward to running this TERMINATOR KIT!!!

As for customer service, all three are at the TOP of the industry for customer service. ;)!

Who's is the trail Terminator kit?

anybody know of or have a good kit for bottom end and mid range. I am more of an aggresive trail rider, not much into drag racing or long WOT runs. riding a stock 06 apex gt. I have always had hauck kits in the past, they seemed pretty good.

i ususally dont have the luxury or time to actually tune. I have to drive atleast 5 hours to hit the trails and by then all I want to do is ride. didnt know if there was something out there I could basically "bolt-on" and get any modest gains from.

mr. shide said:
i ususally dont have the luxury or time to actually tune. I have to drive atleast 5 hours to hit the trails and by then all I want to do is ride. didnt know if there was something out there I could basically "bolt-on" and get any modest gains from.

Probably Ulmers kit would be your best bet,

shaddow44 said:
mr. shide said:

Probably Ulmers kit would be your best bet,
thanks for the info. Stage 2?

Back