• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's see what everyone is working on away from the keyboard...

My son only had 1/2 day of school today, so he's giving dad a break. I'm holding down the seat in my truck and supervising. ;)

20180509_141834.jpg

Among other things, I like wacking trees and making lumber on our swingblade Lucas mill...awesome machine! Nice not knowing what a 2 x 4 costs in the lumber yard...lol! Leaves a great finish too....and makes beveled siding right off the mill.
Some nice hickory boards, and the slab is for a bar top...the oak log was too big for local bandsaw mills, but no problem for the lucas mill...almost 7 inches thick in the pic, after making lots of oak boards from the rest of the log above and below the center slab, and the carbide blade acts like a milling cutter when you skim it a few times for a nicer finish. I don't build much...I just cut the stuff....I like machines!!lol!
2018-05-09 22.45.55.jpg
2018-05-09 22.40.46.jpg
2018-05-09 22.41.45.jpg
2018-05-09 22.38.03.jpg
2018-05-09 22.36.41.jpg
2018-05-09 22.43.18.jpg
2018-05-09 22.42.39.jpg

Last edited:
Working on a client's old Chevy. This is something I enjoy doing. Takes me back when I was young, single and wrenching on old steel.
To do list: Power windows. Power doorlocks on all three doors. Update headlights. Daytime running light module. Install new gauges. Backup camera system. Install and rewire fuse box.

View attachment 139946 View attachment 139947 View attachment 139948 View attachment 139949 View attachment 139950 View attachment 139951 View attachment 139952 View attachment 139953 View attachment 139954 View attachment 139955

YOU........are the Wiring Guru :yam:

GREAT Job As Always

K little project on the bike right now. Bike uses a one piece adjustable headlight setup so you can raise or lower the headlight for extra passenger of full bags with a turn of the knob! Problem is that you can not change lights only H4 bulb setups. I tried a HID setup but still not happy so I said its time to modify the existing setup for LED! Bought a Yami setup from a wrecked bike online to keep the stock one just in case! Bought a 7inch truck headlight bucket and trim ring! Smashed out the glass lens in the stock yamaha Royal Star bucket, drilled out the spot welds to remove the brackets! Then I modified the truck bucket and installed the brackets from the Yami setup. Everything fits now and with a bit more trimming and finish work it should be in tommorow after I remove the front half of the fairing, the passing lamps, install and reassemble! Just finished the rear shock replacement and installed a new front tire and got to try out my new tire balancer. Just a static balance setup but 160kms on the speedo and no vibration so I'm happy! Chrome trim rails for saddle bags next on the list, then look for something else to do!IMG_0199.JPG IMG_0362.JPG IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0365.JPG

Working on a client's old Chevy. This is something I enjoy doing. Takes me back when I was young, single and wrenching on old steel.
To do list: Power windows. Power doorlocks on all three doors. Update headlights. Daytime running light module. Install new gauges. Backup camera system. Install and rewire fuse box.

Love them old Panel Trucks, they look cool!

Finished up the raised Garden boxes. Added a Fence to keep the Deer and Rabbits out! Installed a drip system above the boxes. I could have killed the wife it was 95 degrees out and she makes me pull weeds and Rototille the ground where the boxes are going to sit . I get it all done and it looks perfect so I head to the garage to build a door for the fence and when I return she is so proud of herself she put some old outdoor carpet in the area ..... I'm like if you where going to do that all we needed to do was roundup the weeds and lay the carpet :confused::o| I think she wanted me to sweat off 20#s :letsnow:
IMG_1507.jpg

The Wife got a bright idea I wasn't busy enough so we remodeled the back yard . Took out 5 trees and built a Pergola from a picture on the internet. LOL I made it up as I went....
I learned a lot along the way and I think it turned out ok ! Then We redid the Deck and the Concrete slab between the deck and garage. Glad summer is almost over !! :letsnow:

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1592.JPG
    IMG_1592.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_3203.jpg
    IMG_3203.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 197
I have to give credit to the middle Daughter. She is smarter and works harder than most guys I know...

Attachments

• IMG_1590.JPG
    IMG_1590.JPG
    206.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3205.JPEG
    IMG_3205.JPEG
    137.4 KB · Views: 196
Brought my 86 Caprice Brougham home and washed 15 years of dirt off it. Been stored in my Fathers workshop all this time waiting for me to retire and drive it! Its looking pretty good for being a catch all place to stack stuff on top of! Runs drives and has no rust to speak of. Going to go through the brakes and front end but not expecting much to need replacing! Got a exhaust leak in the head pipe and everything back from there is new! It was my Moms car and I loved those Caprices so I bought it from her a long time ago when she won a new car at the Fair! Now she wants room in the garage because with Dads passing its not used as a repair shop anymore she wants to park her vehicles, her side by side. garden tractor in it. Weird right? Looking forward to driving the car, last time I drove it was in the late 90's for a 1000 mile trip to visit relatives! So other then the Bike to work on I have a car to get ready for a safety check! No pics yet!

Back