• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Let's start this "discussion" again....

Major studies have proved that driving with one hand can cause death or injury. The studies concluded that it was more dangerous on a snowmobile than any other form of transportation.

If you all stop doing it, I will loose the amusement that gets me laughing out loud while I ride.

Ask Buddah about the time he made fun of people doing this very useful, safety minded practice. Buddah, you are a bad boy.

I've been trying to figure a place to install a ball bat, for the next Mother F&^$%*( who comes around on my side of the trail. BATTER UP!

Hand signals have their place. Such as very narrow woods trails and one lane bridges etc. Too many people giving hand signals on standard width trails should keep both hands on the bars and stay on their side. If they would stay right , hand signals are not needed.
I really have to just laugh when you are riding down a 2 lane public highway and people are giving hand signals. Also on weekends when the last guy gives you the signal but never looks in his mirror to see someone 20 feet behind him.

I think mittens should be outlawed. Handwarmers today and better made gloves eliminate the need for mittens, therefore giving the amount of fingers for how many riders are behind you. Some folks wave back, sorry, I'm not that friendly. :evil:

I am going to check out these electrostatic numbers.
Easy, cheap, informative and safe

No prices LOL, just sets of 0 thru 9

Attachments

• ECONO-CLING_NUMBERS_ONLY_KIT_webo.jpg
    ECONO-CLING_NUMBERS_ONLY_KIT_webo.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 1,149
Major studies have proved that driving with one hand can cause death or injury. The studies concluded that it was more dangerous on a snowmobile than any other form of transportation.

If you all stop doing it, I will loose the amusement that gets me laughing out loud while I ride.

Ask Buddah about the time he made fun of people doing this very useful, safety minded practice. Buddah, you are a bad boy.

Believe it or not, we've actually discussed the LED solution a number of times. The electrostatic numbers would be a problem, I think..........do you always ride in the same location in a group or do you move around during a ride?

And why am I bad? Because I started this "discussion"? LaLaLa

I think its good to have hand signals, but only as a courtesy. I think for some it provides a false sense of security and become complacent through time. Keep in mind that hand signals are popular for those that ride in populated areas. Some remote areas, many local riders don’t and never use hand signals. If we all stay on our side of the trail, nobody has to worry to collide with one another. Hand signals or not, I always expect someone coming around the corners.....Just my opinion!

Dan

The LED are the way to go as they will be seen at night and at day and look a lot more advanced then numbers stuck on windshields. Not sure how well they wiill hold in colder weather and I think people would ignore them. Where the LED is telling them the same info but it would seem to me more accurate whether it is or isnt. Will look way cooler too and you could also get them to blink. You could also get them to marguis saying thank you or last sled or I love Yamaha or even I love Sled Dog. :tg:

Don't you just get a kick out of the rider giving you the "last in group" signal only to find another 8 to 20 sleds right behind that one?

I agree it's a courtesy and try to signal when it's safe but I'm also glad when night falls and I don't have to do it anymore.

I once had a young lad give me the last in group signal and promptly smacked into a tree. Fortunately, he wasn't going very fast and didn't get hurt but it made me revise the instructions to my own boys. Signal ONLY when it's safe to do so.
:ORC

SledderSteve said:
I agree it's a courtesy and try to signal when it's safe but I'm also glad when night falls and I don't have to do it anymore.

I see sometimes folks try to give the signal at night. Its pretty tough to see with the bright headlamps. What are these people thinking? :drink:

impalapower said:
Sled Dog said:
LED would be perfect for nightime.

Yes and LED sign that you can change the numbers.
You bet and also have it blink that number, attaches to your sled with velcro and lithium Ion batteries for recharging the unit at night.

buddah2 said:
The electrostatic numbers would be a problem, I think..........do you always ride in the same location in a group or do you move around during a ride?

And why am I bad? Because I started this "discussion"? LaLaLa

Sir James, they peel right off and you could swap in prolly a similar amount of time as punching in a new LED code.

Dont get me wrong, I like the LED but pricing does not look good!

No Jim, you are not bad at least for starting this thread LOL it is a good topic

Back