• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lifted RTX sitting on transfer limiter blocks

Svartstreck

Extreme
Kinda new to sleds, only been running MX bikes earlier

Anyhow, I bought an RTX 40th -08 with a 144" OFT tip-up extension last week.

Went out riding, and it seemed ok... until i hit some rougher patches, which pretty much felt liks someone kicking my spine.

The previous owner had also mounted a set of different drop brackets, which has moved that position about about 2 inches down, making the sled higher in the back - just like the xtx he said.

The strange thing is when i was checking the suspension settings i saw that it's sitting on the transfer limiter blocks (the white half moon shaped thingies on the skid)

If I pick the rear up it looks alright, but when i let it back down it's pretty much free falling until it hits those blocks.

And it's not even close to being low in the back.. has the drop brackets messed up the geometry so badly that the suspension bottoms out on these blocks or something?

Sag when i put my all 210 lbs on the rear bumper is less than an inch..

Any ideas?

Thanks //Gabriel

It's couplng the skid as it's sitting flat because of lifting the rear causing it to be extremely stiff and more so will not tranfer any weight. I'd ditch the lift kit, we're riding sleds not mud trucks ;)!

rlcofmn said:
It's couplng the skid as it's sitting flat because of lifting the rear causing it to be extremely stiff and more so will not tranfer any weight. I'd ditch the lift kit, we're riding sleds not mud trucks ;)!

Makes sense :p

Yeah, kinda sucky mod as it should have had enough clearance as it was, didn't notice it when i bought it..
Also, I didn't get the OEM mounts with it either, so I'd rather try getting it somewhat better than it is now and just live with it than putting the drill to it hehe :)

The limiter strap in front is pulled up to the middle holes instead of the stock position, so I'm going to move it back to where it belongs tomorrow when the blocks of ice has molten away some.

These coupling blocks, can I remove them, or do I risk damaging something in the process?

gormleyflyer2002 said:
isnt it typical to get heavier torsion spring when ext to 144 ? your adding to the lever?

I got no idea, have mine set up on meduim atm, seems to work fine :)

Removed the coupling blocks anyhow.
Other than the sled getting a bit jerky at slow speeds on trails, I like it very much.

Boondocking just got fun again! :)

i guess

Svartstreck said:
gormleyflyer2002 said:
isnt it typical to get heavier torsion spring when ext to 144 ? your adding to the lever?

I got no idea, have mine set up on meduim atm, seems to work fine :)

Removed the coupling blocks anyhow.
Other than the sled getting a bit jerky at slow speeds on trails, I like it very much.

Boondocking just got fun again! :)

i can see boondocking being fun.....who needs steering !

If you want some stock brackets shoot me a pm, I've got a set sitting on the shop floor about to be tossed. You can have them for the cost of a flat rate box.

Swap out the primary spring that has a lower initial spring pressure to get rid of the harsh/jerky engagement.

Svartstreck.. I have the same sled as you, and I also ride in northern sweden, more than likely in the same area as you.

I installed a set of timbersled drop brackets this summer, and am really happy with it. It seems like i dont get stuck as easy as before, because of the higher clearance between the running boards and the ground.

How much rise is there with your brackets? Do you have a picture?

Hehe, thanks. Yep, thats me being ejected ;)!

I was boondocking and the sled suddenly turned a little to hard for me to hold on too. If you look really close you'll see that the tether is still attached to the sled.

Dimebag said:
Svartstreck.. I have the same sled as you, and I also ride in northern sweden, more than likely in the same area as you.

I installed a set of timbersled drop brackets this summer, and am really happy with it. It seems like i dont get stuck as easy as before, because of the higher clearance between the running boards and the ground.

How much rise is there with your brackets? Do you have a picture?

Sweet =) I'm riding around in the eastern part of Jämtland, between Östersund and Sundsvall :p

Yeah, the height seems to be of advantage riding out here, not really any trails around, even less of them groomed - so back country it is :D
I have yet to get stuck by hangning it on the steps :)

The drop brackets adds 2 inches, might look dif in the pic, but that's just my shoddy camera work xd

Thinking of machining new all nylon limiter blocks and bolting them in the hole where the guiding pin for the OEM blocks go, so that it's still going to be somewhat as supposed to :p

Edited, didn't rly figure out how attachments worked the first time around! :p

Attachments

• IMG_0077 - Kopia_1200x1600.jpg
    IMG_0077 - Kopia_1200x1600.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0074 - Kopia_1600x1200.jpg
    IMG_0074 - Kopia_1600x1200.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0069_1600x1200.jpg
    IMG_0069_1600x1200.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 58
Dimebag said:
Nice sled.

I think my brackets are a bit taller than yours, but its difficult to see in the pictures.

Here are some pics of my brackets if you wanna compare:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Another thing, when are you gonna call Marklund and have him do his magic to make that thing really rip? :-o

Yeah yours seem a bit taller :p an inch or so :)

Don't think this one is ever gonna get turbo'd, don't even need the power it's got atm around here.. neither high-speed trails or any fun mountains :p
Best riding around here is power lines, and a turbo isn't needed + I like to pay in cash and buying this one pretty much drained my account = no turbo xD

I understand.

I rode my sled one season (3000 kms) before i turboed it. Up in the mountains the turbo is nice to have. Especially to have a chance to follow my riding buddy on his mtx.

Hope you enjoy your sled, and have a nice riding season ;)!

Back