• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Light Weight Apex seats and exhaust

Just to clear this up......I BUILT MY OWN system. I do not have your system, I was asking if you guys were seeing any of the problems that I and others have had when building custom exhaust. I dont want anyone to think there is something wrong with your product. ===SRXSRULE===

Thats a relief..................my heart was starting to flutter bigtime.

Thanks for responding now i can get a good night sleep :D

steve

PS: So far no known issues from anyone just happy faces. With that said we don't have any exhausts in the field that have over a 1000 miles yet.

Steve we put quite a few miles on an Apex with your seat and exhaust Saturday. DEEP snow. Seat and exhaust worked better than the Apex. The deep snow was "choking" the Apex. We have to find the reason why now. Very happy with seat and exhaust.

Sam

Glad to here the PL seat and exhaust is working great for everyone.......It's kinda strange but we can't figure out why the stock Apex exhaust chokes in deep snow while the PerformanceLite exhaust doesn't choke in deep snow.

We also did some side by side drag racing Stock Apex vs PerformanceLite Apex and the PL setup was a sled length faster than stock.

Please keep me informed throughout the season it's important for us to gather all the field data availble.

steve
PL seats & exhaust

I think he said the Apex was choking in the snow with the PL exhaust. I don't think that means its the exhaust. Just saying I think he was running it when the problem occured.

Maybe he will post again a clear up what he was saying. We had quit a few exhaust in the deep snow this weekend and clooging was not an issue.

Anyway we always like to here what folks are experiancing in the field.

Steve
PerformanceLite

I think you guys are reading it wrong. He said he was very happy with the exhaust/seat. Guessing that the motor was choking for intake air. As likey the snow deep/powder. I have a hindle in the tunnel and it never plugged off, so can't see why Steve's exhaust would be either. ;)!

Yes, the Apex was choking with the PL seat and exhaust on it. NO, the exhaust is not the reason. We will find out why the "choking" and let everyone know.

Sam

I would like to go to a under the tunnel exhaust, but have been waiting to see if there will be to much back-pressure in deep snow, the track will throw it straight in the exhaust outlet .
On the professional ( work-sled ) Yamaha redirected the exhaust 180 degree forward into the tunnel so the exhaust flows with track rotation. One guy put his ex-pipe right through the snow flap .
How about a deflector for the snow and a straight shot out of the Muffler?
;)!

Although a 4 stroke is not as sensitive to back-pressure as a 2 stroke it can still be choked by it. After all yamaha build a tuned exhaust here . It probably won't quit on you but may be enough to throw fuel mapping and clutching way of.
Just build a temporary deflector and see if that fixes it .
It's the only way to know for sure and you will help every one that is looking at buying the system.

Thanks....... ;)!

Keep us all posted COLO RX1, I'll ask TJ and see what he say's as well and post the message. If it were the exhaust either the stocker or the PL exhaust it would be more of a "Bog" instead of a "Choke". Even a 2 strokes on those deep powder days will experiance an occasional "Bog" on the canister side with or with out a deflector. So far we haven't heard of any PL exhaust's causing any performance problems.

The Apex's EFI may need to be re-jetted or some adjustment to the fuel system may be needed. I can't recall if the Apex has an Air/Fuel screw ???? If it does that might be a good place to start. Bad gas can also cause fuel delivery issues as well.

Im only guessing here but i would start at the fuel system.

steve
PL seats and exhaust

I just got off the phone with TJ and he said both of you have been talking about your dealer "Setup" or a possible stock "ECU" failure. The good news is Mr. Brazzina Yamaha's Top Brass in the field is heading your way to fix what ever trouble your Apex is having.

Keep us posted

Steve
PL seats and exhaust

Steve, Mark (Brozina) is testing up in Cooke. He won't be back this week. He doesn't get any cell service where he is at now. We are thinking it may in fact be a fuel issue. No codes at all. It is NOT a clutching issue. It is erratic. With all the other Apexs working well in the deep snow we know it is not an industry problem. We are going to drain the tank and put some "GOOD" fuel in it.

We will know this weekend. Back to the basics. We may have overthought this one.

Sam

Back