• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lightweight steering???

2XM3

Extreme
Does anyone know if anyone makes a aluminium steering rod set for the apex, that steel factory rod assembly is way heavy, It would be a good place to shave weight....thanks

We make Alum steering post. Give me a call 847-662-5916
Bruce

steering linkage

2XM3 said:
The post is easy, I am looking for all the other cross shafts ect ect. That side shaft is a tank
>>>
....I've been asking this questin on several forums for 3 years...I too wish someone made a complete steering "kit" with the side shaft and the cross linkage in the bellay and the stem a whole set up loosing some where around 5-7lbs. As it is we can only take about 35lbs off the nose which is good but another 10 lbs would be even better! E brake removal, radiator removal and the steering set up would do that! If anyone finds a place let us know....... :Rockon:

They make titanium steering parts for the sprintcars with super high strength aluminum heim ends, weigh nothing and super strong. I may have to build one. You could also probably do a chrome moly side shaft 1/2 the diameter of the stock one and still be overkill

Back