• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power steering not working

celticrider

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex Se
I have a 2011 Apex Se that the power steering is not working, but no EPS light or code.
EPS light comes on when key is on , then goes out after starting.
Verified on a friend’s SE that mine is definitely not working.
Bought the sled this year and always thought it was hard to steer for power steering, but had nothing to compare to.
What I’ve done so far, installed snow trackers, made a bit easier, lubed all pivot points, tighten the transfer rod equal to our Vector settings, which steers way easier than Apex and the Vector has no PS.
If fuse blown or bad connection, should light not be on.
Any help would be appreciated

I have a 2011 Apex Se that the power steering is not working, but no EPS light or code.
EPS light comes on when key is on , then goes out after starting.
Verified on a friend’s SE that mine is definitely not working.
Bought the sled this year and always thought it was hard to steer for power steering, but had nothing to compare to.
What I’ve done so far, installed snow trackers, made a bit easier, lubed all pivot points, tighten the transfer rod equal to our Vector settings, which steers way easier than Apex and the Vector has no PS.
If fuse blown or bad connection, should light not be on.
Any help would be appreciated
Check your charging voltage,

I have since found the issue.
The machine was so heavily set up on the front end that the steering being load sensitive disabled itself, therefore no codes or flashing EPS.
I set the transfer rod similar to our Vector setup, which steers super easy, and dropped the air pressure in front shocks to 60.
After switching out the dual carbides for a set of snow trackers, what a difference.
Totally different sled.
It’s actually a pleasure to drive now, not a chore.
I actually rode another sled exactly the same with PS to verify what it was supposed to be like working before I started tinkering

I have since found the issue.
The machine was so heavily set up on the front end that the steering being load sensitive disabled itself, therefore no codes or flashing EPS.
I set the transfer rod similar to our Vector setup, which steers super easy, and dropped the air pressure in front shocks to 60.
After switching out the dual carbides for a set of snow trackers, what a difference.
Totally different sled.
It’s actually a pleasure to drive now, not a chore.
I actually rode another sled exactly the same with PS to verify what it was supposed to be like working before I started tinkering
I went the opposite direction, removed ST's and put my Bergstroms triple points back on. Didn't like the ST's. Nice that you got it set up for you. Everyone's opinion is different.

Yes, it is amazing how many people I’ve talked to do not do anything with their suspension setup.
They either leave at factory or dealer settings, or in case of a used sled , where previous owner setup.
I have tinkered with mine off and on trying to set up the steering but not until I had the opportunity to try one similar to make sure I wasn’t imagining things, did I get down to figuring why mine was so front heavy It’s worth the effort

Back