• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter strap change track tension?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 xtx nytro stage 1 turbo
I can not remember if this does or not I think it does. I pulled my front strap up 2 holes and rear up one hole. Now both limiter straps are now tight with no weight on seat a 2008 rtx :rocks: .

iwillwait4u said:
I can not remember if this does or not I think it does. I pulled my front strap up 2 holes and rear up one hole. Now both limiter straps are now tight with no weight on seat a 2008 rtx :rocks: .

They should be tight now with no weight on the sled, it shouldnt change the track tension. What did you have it set at last year? Thats a lot of change u just did to the straps and i bet its going to steer pretty heavy now too.

new sled to me. I was just running like i used to run my polaris sleds straps tight and rails with both skis on the ground. Is that to aggressive for the nytro right off the start in your opinion?

iwillwait4u said:
new sled to me. I was just running like i used to run my polaris sleds straps tight and rails with both skis on the ground. Is that to aggressive for the nytro right off the start in your opinion?

Yeah i personaly thinks thats way too much strap. I ran my front strap one down, which planted the skis pretty good and limited transfer some. Stock or all the way out, i ran that way too. Better transfer/wheelies and less front end bit, i ended up liking this much better. Good enough bit and can still wheelie over stuff no problem. I did drop one in the back too but really didnt like it, it seemed to limit all my transfer. But it did seem to help corning because of lowering the cg. Most guys dont mess with the rear. In the sticky section there is a post for set up help which i went off to get a base line and went from there. Helped a ton. Hopes this helps u out, let me need more help.

Back