• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Little help please

ralphm

2018 Sidewinder LTX-LE. I need to drop the skid to put BOP coolant hose protectors in. Can someone tell me the exact screws I need to remove. I’ve seen some posts but I’m still not sure what to do.
Thanks

ralphm, First I loosen my track and then I remove the idler wheel shown in the white circle and I carefully remove the spring guide for the torsion spring. Then I remove the bolts in the orange circle to drop out the skid as the front arm slides in so there is no need to unbolt anything for the front arm. This is from 2020 ltx se.

Attachments

• Sidewinder.jpg
    Sidewinder.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 160
A little hint if you haven't already seen this but take the plastic spring holders out and slot the top just enough so you can "snap" the springs out of them so anytime you want. Then to remove skid you can just pop them out and bring the long end out past the idler wheel and down to unload skid. Saves you from having to remove the idler wheels each time. You may have to lift back of sled or put a jack under the track in the back. You can then collapse the rear shock to make it easier to get skid out.

Attachments

• slotted spring holder.1.jpg
    slotted spring holder.1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 149
When removing i leave the torsion springs on cause the whole things drops out pretty easy, but when re installing i leave them loose so its easier to move the scissor around to line up the hole.

When the skid is out check the front cross shaft to make sure it is not starting to bend. BOP also sells a kit to reinforce this area of the sled - the crosshaft and the side of the tunnel reinforcers.
MS

Never. Been doing this for 25 years on all my sleds. Have never had a single time when spring came out. The spring has a ton of pressure pushing into the holder so it's not gonna come out.

Never. Been doing this for 25 years on all my sleds. Have never had a single time when spring came out. The spring has a ton of pressure pushing into the holder so it's not gonna come out.

Then they are getting cut the next time the skid is out. Thanks
Miss the stirrups from the nytro.
MS

Turbo flash, have you ever had issues with the spring trying to jump out of that slot?
MS
Measure the spring diameter. Cut the slot a little narrower than spring diameter.

Back