• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for feedback on a 2005 yamaha rage

nysnowarrior

Hi,

I went to look at a 2005 yamaha rage with 1800 miles the other day and the sled seemed nice, but I have a few questions.

The sled appears to have been left outside for the last 3 years under a sled cover. I always store my sleds inside with the tracks off the ground. Do you think this is a problem? Does this damage the suspension? The track seemed to be in good condition. The sled had slight rust on the ski spindels. The only damage that i could observe was that the air filter cover was cracked in one corner. Is this common? How much is this to replace? I can get the sled for $4500 cash. I would have bought it if the sled had been stored in a garage, but instead I told the guy I had to think about it. Am I being to picky?

I am looking for feedback on what others think of this model?

Did this models have any problems/things that need updates?

Can some tell me about the shocks on this sled?

thanks in advance

Take a pass and keep looking.there is probably nothing wrong but you can find a nicer one.I just sold my 05 rage with 5800 miles on it for $4500 but I had a M-10 with ohlins and it was absolutly MINT!!!

Great sled, no issues with it. In 06 it has the mono skid that is lighter. That 1000 triple is Yamaha's most reliable engine to date. Great economy and will run with the 4 banger for way longer than that rider will like. but I too would pass on this one for that price. There are many good deals out there if you are patient and look around. Not that long ago I saw an 06 with under 1,000 miles go for $5000. And it was stored inside ;)!

You need to add your location to your profile....

and I would look for an 06 that has the mono in it, the 05 had the proaction skid in it, a little dated.... or you can buy a vector er witht he proactive, a much better suspension, (like the one i have for sale) and stretch it to a 136 and you would have a better rear suspension, IMO.

You would be amazed @ how well the 136" pro action ck rides.
Hands down the best pro action skid ever produced IMO.
The mono is lighter, but everyone says it bottoms too easily., of course these sleds aren't exactly 'ditch bangers" either.
Keep looking, there are 2 or 3 on e bay at any one time lately.
found my '05 new for 5275.00 in spring '06

Back