• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for opinions from '07 RTX/Attak GT Demo Riders

VX7R, I did actually drive both of the sleds you mentioned and prefered the RTX ( I ordered a 07 RTX). Had a 06 Attack last year and it was way to soft for my riding style. I too plan to stretch the RTX to 136". I think you'll be happy with the floats, I felt the front shocks on the Attack were a bit soft when launching off of high speed rollers in the trail the sled would bottom hard.

Good luck with your project...

Thanks for all of the replies. Lots of good feedback so far.

Here's a question that I should have put on the top of this thread:

What's your thoughts on a 136" version of the '07 RTX ProActive skid compared to the 136" Monoshock with the Ohlins EC shock from the '07 Attak GT? I'm considering this set up (136" ProActive with Ohlins shocks) as an alternative to the 136" Monoshock as a more aggressive set up for hitting the bumps.

Sounds like xcr5 and myself think alike. ;)!

VX7R - That was one heck of a Viper you built - I'm sure your next project will turn out just as sweet!

Side note - I have a Polaris XCR800 edge, 136" conversion that I built and I will say this. Besides the mileage, seating posistion and simplicity of the 4 stroke the XCR/edge kicked the attacks but for aggressive riding. If I was tooling around with the family the soft ride and mileage of the attack was hard to beat!

VX7R said:
Thanks for all of the replies. Lots of good feedback so far.

Here's a question that I should have put on the top of this thread:

What's your thoughts on a 136" version of the '07 RTX ProActive skid compared to the 136" Monoshock with the Ohlins EC shock from the '07 Attak GT? I'm considering this set up (136" ProActive with Ohlins shocks) as an alternative to the 136" Monoshock as a more aggressive set up for hitting the bumps.

Sounds like xcr5 and myself think alike. ;)!

I would extend the ProActive skid. That's what I'm in the process of doing to my Nytro. IMO it will perform better than the 136" Monoshock. The monoshock never did perform very well in the bumps for aggressive riding.

On a side note. I used to own a 2005 Ski-Doo Renegade, which is a 136" skid. My brother owns a 2004 Ski-Doo Adrenaline, that he extended to 136". Both had the SC-III suspension. But after riding both sleds, the extended 136" skid out performed the real 136" skid. I'm not sure why. Maybe it had something to do with the short track suspension geometry using an extension kit. But it definitely worked better.

Stretch the ProActive and don't look back!!!

Re: 07

xcr5 said:
VX7R, I did actually drive both of the sleds you mentioned and prefered the RTX ( I ordered a 07 RTX). Had a 06 Attack last year and it was way to soft for my riding style. I too plan to stretch the RTX to 136". I think you'll be happy with the floats, I felt the front shocks on the Attack were a bit soft when launching off of high speed rollers in the trail the sled would bottom hard.

I rode all the 07's to. The RTX was my favorite. The first big bump I hit with it I was expecting an impact something like my Mono-shock, But instead what I felt was a skid that sucked it up like my buddies Pro-X 700. It felt like a "point and shoot" machine to me. Also My next sled will have Fox floats.

suspension

If you are an aggressive rider on and off trail that rides hard I would exten the proactive skid.No matter what you do riding hard your going to bottom the mon shock harsh if you ride moguls and it dosen't preload for the bumps or jumps like the proacxtive does.If your more of a groomed trail rider than go with the mono.The 07 rtx is the funnest and best trail sled for my likings I ever drove. :Rockon:

Back